Chapdelaine > LaPolice

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Based on simple algebra I'd say if Jacques Chapdelaine (OC in BC) gets a head coaching job this off-season (Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa) the man Wally Buono will bring into BC as OC is none other than Our Favourite Plopster - Paul LaPolice.....

Tags:
  2. Bronko

Bronko Member

Plop is one Kool Kat. He's resisting the opportunity to go on anyone's air after being executed last Saturday - saying he'll come out of hibernation when the time is right. Even Dave Naylor texted him to congratulate him on how he handled the firing and told him he'll be a great coach in this league for years to come.

My guess is that Lapo is in no rush to take a sudden plane ticket to Regina (B Taman) or Edmonton (The Friendly K-Man)..... he knows he's a desired commodity (as an OC) so there's no point taking a temp job to interrupt or reduce the $20,000 monthlies the bombers are obligated to mail him. Gooner Garry Lawless also indicated that Plop is very smart to not go "off" on Joe Mack's decision - conceivably he could void his contract.....

in the scheme of things I'd say Paul's best play is with Wallyball in BC - he'd be working with the #1 QB in the league and the Lions have a ton of weaponry, both offensive and defensive. And he'd be away from the prairie mentality that ate him alive. Also, he'd be mentored a bit by the best, Wally Buono, teaching Paul how to handle the fine CFL nuances that were causing probloems in Wpg.

In the meantime, in between times, I challenge Paul to head out to the U of M campus and assist the coaching gnome, Brian Dobie to assist the poorly-coached, under-performing U of M Bisons.