Chris Williams Unhappy In Hamilton??

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by iso_55, Mar 12, 2013.

1. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Chris Williams unhappy a college buddy who was promised a tryout with the Ti Cats under Bob O'Billovich but Kent Austin said no... tweeted his unhappiness with the situation & hinted he would not return. Ti Cat fans are concerned... Since when does a player who was given a chance by a team who believed in him starts setting the agenda?

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2013/ ... icats.html

Tags:
  2. Bronko

Bronko Member

The correct answer Alvin is -

THE CFL....

Stompin Tom should have written a song about the CFL....

THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM
    IN THE GOOD OLD CFL

IN THE GOOD OL CFL

LYLE BAUER CHASING NATE
    IN THE GOOD OL CFL

BOMBER FANS ARE SHEEP
    IN THE GOOD OL CFL

LARRY SMITH IS LYIN' THRU HIS TEETH
    MO NORMAN'S BROTHER OWNS 2 TEAMS

IN THE GOOD OL CFL

IN THE GOOD OL CFL

ROTTEN RODDY RULES THE ROOST
    MOST FANS WOULD GLADLY GIVE HIM THE BOOT

IN THE GOOD OL CFL

BUCK PLAYS ALMOST LOSING HIS HEAD
    OFFENDING PLAYERS FINED A SAWBUCK

JENN HEDGER SINGS 'I KISSED A GIRL'
    DOUG BROWN HAS FANTASIES ABOUT MILTON BERLE

IN THE GOOD OL' CFL

IN THE GOOD OL' CFL

NASTY NATE HAS NICKNAMES FOR EVERY PLAYER
    AND WILLIAM HOOF, AGED 65, LISTENS TO SLAYER

IN THE GOOD OL' CFL

BARFY BUCHKO IN OVER HIS HEAD
    DROWSY JOE MACK LOOKS TO BE DEAD

IN THE GOOD OL' CFL

more to come when I wake up...

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

After Rock'n'wrestling here comes Cock'n'bull CFL.

4. Rids

Rids Member

I think Chris Williams is asking for the same respect that other players in the CFL have been granted in the past. Would Kenny Pettway have played in the CFL if Nik Lewis hadn't brought him forward?

Keep in mind that Chris was setting up a tryout, not a signed contract at starter's wages but a spot at a tryout camp.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Well, sure Kent BUT... threatening to not play for the Ti Cats is an immature reaction. His buddy has an agent, I assume. Let him do his job. If I wanted my boss to hire a friend of mine & he ended up not getting the job.... even if I thought my buddy didn't get a fair shake, I wouldn't tweet that I may not show up tomorrow because I'm pissed off. Pro athletes live in a dream world. In the real world where we reside, we just suck it up when we aren't happy about something at work. We don't embarass our company, boss, supervisor co workers or ourselves.

6. Rids

Rids Member

The expectation is that this will be his last year in the CFL and if we still had the option period available he might not be in the CFL this year. With that in mind he must not think he is burning any bridges here but of course going public with it wasn't the right step.

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I just don't see the NFL in Williams' future. Probably his body type. He's not built low to the ground. Isn't stocky. He's a wiry little guy. To me, he's custom made for the wider, faster field & just overall speed of the CFL game. In the NFL. He will have to deal with physical, fast corners & safeties, as well as larger, quick linebackers with less room to move around to get open. He also has to learn humility... Hopefully, this is lesson #1.

8. Flash

Flash Member

Teams will line up to try him as their kick returner. Sure he won't be a regular receiver but he's the poor man's Devin Hester. Speedy, solid returner and learned his lesson after that showboat crap.

9. iso_55

iso_55 Member

He'll have to stick down there which won't easy. Especially if he is just a ST player. There are so many outstanding players in the NFL. To have the ability of a Devin Hester... to make opponents miss an open field tackle during a return on a smaller field is really something special. Does Williams have that ability? I guess we'll find out. I make the comparison to pro hockey. We've all seen players star in the AHL but couldn't perform in the NHL at the same level. The players are still faster & more skilled in the NHL. A great returner in the CFL does not mean they'll be a great returner in the NFL.

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

I suspect Williams is feigning misery to get himself cut by Hamilton.

Then he can pursue his NFL dream (he's got the speed, a bit short in the power dept.) and find out if there's a lower tier NFL team who'll sign him up.

Guy is severely limited as a WR. 5th or 6th receiver on the depth chart due to size and strength.

11. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I sure love our guy Larry Taylor. He reminds me (not) of the Giz as he is the best returner the CFL has ever seen but Larry Highbaugh in the way that he explodes through an opening. I think Highbaugh was a bit faster than Taylor but even if he was, I am so glad that Taylor is on our side!! :)