CIS playoffs

Discussion in 'Calgary Dinos and CIS Talk' started by deuvl, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Jayman

Jayman Member

That hurt!! Bison ball, down 5, Montreal 12, 30 seconds,fresh downs, fumble, turn over, game!! Good fight Bisons, proud of you.

2. Rids

Rids Member

The 3rd place CanWest team really pushed the #2 Q team. The most travelled team in the CIS ends their run at a Bowl game.

Jayman likes this.
  3. Rids

Rids Member

Wonder how many buy the PPV for these games? 1? 2 parents?

deuvl likes this.
  4. Jayman

Jayman Member

Question, I've asked before with no response, thoughts?
    Does the fact The Bisons are playing (and training and enjoying) new digs alongside The Bombers at IGF translate to success on the field?
    A lot? Some? None?

5. Rids

Rids Member

I would say it's a real recruiting advantage. Doesn't work on the locals that don't see what the rest of the country works in or the ones that see only facilities on the prairies but for those that get to compare against what UBC, Windsor, Acadia or Mount Allison play and practice with it'd be a big bump.

Trouble is that the Bisons lost the top 3 recruits to come out of Manitoba in a while to North Dakota. That'll hurt down the line.

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

McMaster had their hands full as well with Mount Allison in a low scoring 24-12 win.

Care to doubt my crystal ball again cister? :pompus:

Should be a good one next saturday. Hopefully ticket sales will pick up as the als are organizing the event. It would make up for a lackluster east semi draw.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

Bison vs. Carrabins was best Canadian football game I've seen this year. CFL or CIS. Intense, relatively efficient and dramatic. Bisons gave Montreal a handful - only Dobie Gillis making his usual turd calls at end of game prevented La Bison from going to Vanier Cup.
    As far as facilities are concerned Jayman - I think the bison performance yesterday may temporarily stop the bleeding (of players to other programs or down south)
    If Dobie is really doing his job he should be recruiting better trench players - both offense and defense. His offensive line looks like he went down to the local pinball arcade and plucked the two heaviest kids off the pavement.
    Not quite as bad but Cousineau had nearly 350 yds of passing vs. Bison d - IN THE FIRST FRIGGIN' HALF.
    Prolly ended up around 450 to 500
    And not for Dobie falling asleep in the last minute Montreal almost donated the game!
    Dobie said he didn't care that Yantz only had a couple years eligibility left. thus Dobie appears to be building short=term programs at U of M. He'll take anyone with 2 or 3 yrs of eligibility left at key positions. He has to. When you lose local kids to North Dakota you take whatever you can get regardless of whether you're playing in a 150 million dollar stadium or the town dump.

8. Jayman

Jayman Member

Best game i sat thru this year was Bisons home opener, and only partially the game itself. Beat Regina 42-18 but the ENERGY in the building was crazy. House full of student athletes, no Rum Shack piss-tanks, lots of kids, parents, loud, a fine September evening, no parking Nazis, and only spoiled by Wad Miller strutting and sweating all over the concourse, doing his creepy smile thing. Did i mention the women's volleyball team in their game uni's??

9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Carabins got a solid message that they need to do better if they are going to win at home against the Mac.

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

One thing about The Hobbit Twins (Macocia and Dobie) is they're never sure things - even if they have the best talent!

ArgoCister likes this.
  11. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Ticket sales have picked up here. Must be around 20,000 sold already. With the Als hosting the event Wetenhall may yet make up for a lacklustre season at the gate. He already saved a couple hundred thou by not having to fly his team to Vancouver.

12. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

And there are no player pay cheques in this matchup! I wonder what he had to pay the CIS ..... peanuts I am sure.

deuvl likes this.
  13. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

14. Flash

Flash Member

Wasn't McGill the only school to bid on hosting the game?

15. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

It isn't McGill that will reap the rewards but the Alouettes. Like a bonus Christmas present for Wetenhall.

16. Rids

Rids Member

Confirmed:

And additionally:

And...

http://publications.mcgill.ca/repor...-game-as-molson-stadium-celebrates-99th-year/

deuvl likes this.
  17. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

And yet Molson beer ditched the Als probably knowing that the stadium name itself will get them free publicity.