Coker the likely candidate to replace Taylor as Stamps’ returner

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Coker the likely candidate to replace Taylor as Stamps’ returner

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Unless they were considering activating Parker and putting him back there to return kickoffs and punts, Coker's the logical choice.

He's certainly got more experience at it at the CFL level than Parker does.

And, I'd bet, he feels he's got something to prove to everyone after having been scratched for the past 5 games... ;)

Might see him have a big game back there, 'cause he's certainly got enough speed...:D

TM

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Because of Franklin's injury, it sounds like Parker will in fact be activated.

4. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I read that, but he's apparently going in as Franklin's replacement at receiver, and not as a substitution for Taylor as a kick returner.

TM

5. C-COOP

C-COOP Member

Coker could be a star in this league - just think he may be on the wrong team. Maybe convert him to slot??

6. Christoph

Christoph Member

He's got speed yes, but what made Taylor like few other returners out there was his short area quickness and decision making. I can't remember the last time the guy made a gaff that hurt the team. The guy is the anti-Joe Burnett ;)

I'm not saying Coker is going to make a ton of mistakes, but he is a riskier play back there.

Then again almost anyone would be.

7. Christoph

Christoph Member

Good. It's about time he cracks the lineup. Now it's time for him to flash some of the ability that made him such a high draft pick. Hopefully he shows enough to stay in the lineup the rest of the way because he's getting worryingly close to year 3, the year when wide receivers generally breakout, and thus far he's shown absolutely no signs of doing so. I'm not writing him off by any stretch, I'm just hoping he takes this opportunity and runs with it. Show us what you can do AP!