Controversy? What Controversy?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

QR77 QB Club: Controversy? What Controversy?

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

I think this is a management issue that has turned into a player issue. Bringing Tate back early (where's iso???) created this shadow on the performance of Kevin Glenn even if it didn't mean to. When he makes a bad toss there's that "We want Tate" murmur from the crowd. The back up QB is the most popular player in the stadium.

3. Rusty

Rusty Member

I don't think that is whats being said. I may say "Where's Bo Levi" I don't want to see Tate until he is 101%.

4. Liske

Liske Member

Could the Stamps leave Sinopoli unprotected for the expansion draft next year?

5. PAUL74

PAUL74 Member

I think Huff has Tate as the third string QB because of the salary cap. Sinopoli goes on the PR then he doesn't make as much.I hope they continue with Glen for the rest of the season.

The Stamps must be close to the salary max because of all the injuries. That is why Forzani is going to be nine gamed for a sprain. Huff must be glad he has Michael Petrie working for him as one of the Asst. GM's. I hear the guy is great with a spread sheet and making salary's work with the cap.

Question: How does the salary cap work in the playoffs? Can you take any player off the nine game and play them in the semi-final and it doesn't count because they get paid a certain amount if they win or lose? If that is the case you could have Taylor/ Forzani back by the semi-final. maybe a few other guys.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I THINK one player can come off the 9 game list every 9 games. As far as the playoffs go, I have no clue.

7. Rids

Rids Member

There is no salary cap for the playoffs, everybody is playing for CFLPA determined amounts. However if a player gets a bonus for winning a playoff or Grey Cup game or for achievements in the playoffs/Grey Cup then it appears that those bonuses count towards the SMS.

I don't think they could bring back multiple players off the 9 game list in the playoffs. I believe that those lists freeze (for lack of a better word) after the 19th week of the season.

8. Christoph

Christoph Member

This late in the season I think we have to stick with Glenn even if Tate is 100% healthy. The amount of time it'll take him to get back up to speed and into the same mid-season (or should I say late season?) form all of his opponents will be playing at could cost this team it's chance at a Grey Cup run.

And let's be realistic, this is the CFL, and every playoff team has a very real chance at coming away with the big prize. Why blow it because you want to get the QB of the future back in there when the QB of the present is winning ball games just fine?

This team has clinch a playoff berth already. Why not give yourself the best possible chance of winning now and worry about the future later? That should be the determining factor in deciding who starts for the remainder of the season and in my opinion, given the circumstances, Glenn gives the Stamps the best chance of winning now.