Cornish Looking for an Encore; Chose CFL over NFL

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Christoph, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

I love Cornish's attitude. He doesn't consider himself in competition with other running backs on his team he's just trying to be the best he can be and let things sort themselves out. I really like that mentality. I mean as long as you're internally driven, you don't need to pit yourselves against teammates for motivation.

I think it's very interesting that he chose to pursue being on of the greatest running backs the CFL has ever seen as opposed to being a forgotten backup in the NFL. He'd probably make more as a backup but that just proves money isn't everything.

My favorite part of the article is later on when Tate weighs in on Cornish. "He might be one of the weirdest people I've ever met, but he brings it every game day so you have to respect that." "He's a great guy, a smart guy. I'm happy for him to have this situation. He's definitely earned it."

Obviously he's smart. He posts on our site! ;)

Come on now Tate, Cornish is weird? Okay maybe, but this is coming from the guy who wants to take ballet?! :p

Tags:
  2. ztella

ztella Member

Let's just say being from Houston, Drew hasn't had the opportunity to meet many people with radical notions :)

3. Mathgod

Mathgod Member

Hey Jon, when you have a monster year this year, will you then be planning to look for NFL opportunities? (hoping the answer is no :))

4. Christoph

Christoph Member

Well as soon as you told him you don't own a gun he probably thought you were weird. ;)

5. Christoph

Christoph Member

Not to make assumptions or anything, you just don't strike me as the gun totin't type. That and you're Canadian.