GAME DAY Desire

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Tundra Mustang, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

It looks like the Stampeders wanted 1st place in the division after all. ;)

Calgary finishes the regular season on a high note with an impressive 26-9 victory against the Lions, and the good guys in red and white clearly just wanted it more.

A lot more.

The Stampeders had a dominant game in BC Place tonight, with Bo finally getting on the same page with his coterie of new receivers, and the Offensive line doing a masterful job of opening up running lanes for Don Jackson who also had a really good game.

Special teams did a fine job on all fronts, and the Calgary defence smothered Buono's crew of starters in ugly orange jerseys.

Looks like Wally's legendary career behind the bench in the CFL will likely come to a close next weekend in Hamilton, while Calgary takes a week off to prepare for the winner of the Bombers and 'riders tilt when the Stampeders host the Western Final 2 weekends hence.

Go Bombers! :D

TM

Tags:
  2. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

So, as per CFL tradition, the bombers and eskimoes will shift
    to the east ? To even out the playoffs

3. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not sure where that impression came from, Jason.

Bombers finished 3rd in the West. They'll play Saskatchewan in the West Semi-Final next weekend.

Edmonton finished 5th in the West (behind the 4th place Lions who cross over to the East Semi-Final next weekend against Hamilton since BC had a better record than the East's 3rd place team, the Toronto Argonauts).

With a 5th place finish, the Eskimos have been eliminated from post-season play.

Their season is done. ;)

TM

strujas likes this.
  4. AllSportsCalgary

I think the Lions beat the Tiger-Cats, next week. And I am so cheering for the Bombers!

5. Addicted

Addicted Member

That's more like it! Finally our defence looked like the defence that held teams to under 10 points at the start of the year. BLM was focused and on target, making very few mistakes. The receivers were finding holes, and speaking of holes, Jackson ran through them all night.

A little diversity at the end of the season might have been just what the Dr ordered....

I'd like to see BC do a little winning out East and for us.....Bring on the Bombers!!

strujas likes this.
  6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

There could be a lot of green Grinches in Saskie next sunday night courtesy of the Whos from Whoville.

strujas likes this.
  7. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Health and heart. Two things the Stamps were lacking the previous trio of games. On Saturday night going into the game against BC the team played probably the best half of football in the second half of the season.
    Through all the injuries the Stamps preservered.
    Maybe going through some adversity down the stretch provided the Stamps with some inner strength and motivation.
    Heading into a one game showdown in the West Final to make it to another appearance in the Grey Cup is what this team worked for.
    It doesn’t matter if it is the Bombers or the Riders, when this team is serious about playing football and healthy the only team that can beat this team is themselves.

Tundra Mustang and Addicted like this.
  8. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

I desperately need to brush up on my CFL rules and regulations.