Did Edmonton throw game vs. Riders?

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by strujas, Nov 2, 2019.

1. strujas

strujas Member

Edmonton....YOU SUCK!!!

Tags:
  2. strujas

strujas Member

Kilgore....YOUR BRUTAL!!!

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Sure looked like it. Esks have no qualms vs. Riders (this year) and seem to have "thrown" game today vs. Riders - as Riders were beginning to self-destruct.

The amount of annoying, unnecessary & undisciplined penalties was startling (even for the Schmoes)

Schmoes with game tied late (after rider FGK Brent Louthead had missed 4 of 6 attempts) inserted a 4th string QB in an apparent pact with the devilish riders - giving them 1st in west as Wendy Williams, the Esks 4th string QB was a total packet of horrors.

Riders really needed the 1st place bye with Cody Fajardo apparently still in repair-me" condition. The extra week should be good in giving him the necessary rest to go after either Calgary or the Bombers in the western final.

Neither Esks nor Riders that sharp. Only difference is Esks have to get thru two opponents (Montreal & Hamilton) on the road to get to the Calgary Grey Cup.

Riders now need to only await the bruised & busted winner of the western semi in two weeks after today's donation to the cause by the vaunted Edmonton Eskimos.

4. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks fer nuthin', schmoes!

Didn't see the game but the final score was all I needed to know.

Hope they get their asses handed to 'em next weekend in Montreal :mad:

Vaunted indeed! ;)

TM

strujas likes this.
  5. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

When is the last time the Stamps finished 3rd in the West? I'm trying to remember?
    In reference to the Riders congratulations on winning the West this year. The caveat is their last 3 games were against less than stellar opponents. When it comes to their next game the opponent whether it is the Stamps or Bombers the competition will be much stiffer.
    I guess the Stamps will have to win on the road to get back to the Grey Cup this year. The bye would have done the team wonders but if they want to repeat as Champions they just have to dig in, prepare and most of all avoid any further injuries to have a chance.

#5 Bumpnrun, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Tundra Mustang likes this.
  6. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

If Jason Maas is back next year I will be quite surprised. If BC played a bit better at the beginning of the year they would have knocked the Eskimos out of the playoffs. Difference is the Eskimos had 3 wins versus BC. Once again the cross over team from the West will not have much of a chance to cross over. I just cannot see the Eskimos winning two games in a row to make it to the Grey Cup. But then again this year through all sports all the so called "underdogs" have prevailed.

7. AllSportsCalgary

eehhh. If you are counting on other teams to do your work for you, probably you end up where you should. An Edmonton win would have been nice, but truly, if you want to finish first, take care of your own business. Stamps were in control of their own destiny at several points this season, and came up short each time. Now the games are real - one shot deals - so the effort and polish better ramp up, or they will be watching someone else win the Grey Cup from their locker room.

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

Stamps are superior overall to the schizo Bombers. Better players, better depth, better QB, better coach. Bombers superior in a couple aspects of special teams, kicking and most certainly running the ball.

Wild card for WSF is Collaros. Nothing else comes even close. Will it make up for the coaching IQ deficit of O'Shea vs. Dave Dick? Probably not - unless Collaros has a game for the ages. On a stone cold McMahon field - I doubt it. Especially with Bombers assortment of slow to mid-speed receivers.