Dinos DL Lamola Passes Away

Discussion in 'Calgary Dinos and CIS Talk' started by Rids, May 4, 2013.

1. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Sad day for a young man & his family.

2. Flash

Flash Member

Tough days. Feel for his family both off the field and on it.

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

The football community, family and friends are invited to a memorial service in celebration of Daniel Lamola as follows:

WHEN: Friday, May 10th - 10:30 am
    WHERE: University of Calgary Jack Simpson Gymnasium

Parking is avalable in lots 10 and 11 on the north side of campus.

The Service will be presided over by Father David Meadows from St. Lukes Church followed by; The University of Calgary, Coach Blake Nill, Coach David Diluzio, the Lamola Family, Jimmy Underdahl and Sean McEwen.

More information: http://dinosfootball.blogspot.ca/2013/05/remembering-dan.html

4. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Stars align for Dinos after tragedy
    To those coffee disciples able to distinguish the exact type of bean used from a first sip, who can recite the entire Starbucks or Good Earth catalogue on demand, the fact that it took Blake Nill all of 51 years to try a simple, generic cup of java is probably every bit as astonishing as an 8-0 “rebuilding” season is to him.
    “Like it now,’’ he confesses of his budding fondness for caffeine. “In fact, I had a cup already this morning.’’
    Maybe the slimmed-down U of C Dinos coach took up the coffee habit assuming he’d be burning the midnight oil a lot this fall, fretting and fussing over his inexperienced, depleted football team.
    It’s 10 a.m. and Nill, customarily, is camped in his office at the McMahon Stadium amateur facility. He’s been caught half-napping, head back, feet up on a table, a frame of film frozen on the screen on the wall in front of him, his group lined up against Saturday’s Hardy Cup semifinal opponent, the UBC Thunderbirds.
    “Sorry,’’ he says, “I’ve watched this film so often, but geez, I’m trying to find something I haven’t seen ...”
    Can there be a better sports story in this city this year than the grid Dinos?
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Stars+align+Dinos+after+tragedy/9110464/story.html

5. Rids

Rids Member

I have it on good authority from a classmate of his from Hanna, Alberta that Blake was a 3 or 4 cans of Coke a day drinker from way back. Caffeine is no stranger to Blake!