Dixon Returns; Receiver Added

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

DIXON RETURNS; RECEIVER ADDED
    from Stampeders.com

The Calgary Stampeders announce the signing of import defensive lineman Kevin Dixon and import receiver Josh Jarboe. As per club policy, terms of the agreements were not disclosed.

Dixon returns to the team after having been released on June 2 as a result of failing his pre-camp physical. The rehab process on the knee injury that forced him to miss the entire 2012 season has since progressed to the point he can resume football activities.

The 26-year-old Troy University alumnus played nine games for the Stamps in 2011, recording 14 tackles, two sacks and one forced fumble.

Read more: http://stampeders.com/article/dixon-returns-receiver-added

2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Calgary Stampeders notebook -- Kevin Dixon returns to camp
    Scott Fisher, Calgarysun.com

The Calgary Stampeders cut Kevin Dixon June 2.

Nine days later, the defensive lineman was back out on the field with the Red & White.

Dixon, who is attempting to come back from a knee injury that cost him all of last season, says he just needed a few more days after he failed his physical last week.
    “I knew I was pretty close,” the defensive lineman said. “I used that time to my advantage.

“It allowed me to get more mentally focused with my knee and trusting it.

“It’s all there physically. It’s just about getting the confidence mentally.”

The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder says he wasn’t surprised he was able to pass the test less than two weeks later.

“If you look back at my recovery, through the whole process, you would see strange things like that,” Dixon said.

“I was home, working out in Florida, and the increase on a week-to-week basis was tremendous. I couldn’t deadlift 185 (lb.) one week. Seven days later — 585 (lb.).

“That’s a tremendous jump.”

Read more: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/11/calgary-stampeders-notebook-----kevin-dixon-returns-to-camp