Doug Brown Mysteriously Pulled from CJOB

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Listening to the CJOB post-game trauma show on CJOB (home station) and no sign of Bubba Brown, who was advertised as their pre and post game expert.

Something is up with the big man. Either he's making the full time move to TSN (which isn't affiliated with CJOB) or he was sick.

But CJOB's Bob Irving made no mention or excuses for Bubba's absence which is always an ominous sign!

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

See Buchko on the sidelines? The guy should stay off the bench. Why was he there? One more distraction for the team.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Butch Coke is worse than any of the trolls I've encountered in the last 12 years on ob or 13th man or CFL.ca - just an abysmal performer!

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jim Popp is always on the sidelines with the als but not Wetenhall or Weightman the COO.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Popp sure but Buchko?? One of the perks of being Prez, I guess. Stay in the stands, Prez.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

Buchko has the look of a trouble-maker! Spent 15 years hawking over-priced radio time over at CJOB, then saved CJOB's bacon be negotiating in bad faith for CJOB to keep the bomber casts for several years - then he bolted over to the Bombers!

TSN does the hockey on TV so they got the Jets casts on radio - however Buchko did some tomfoolery to prevent the casts going to TSN 1290

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

So, Nate? Was Doug Brown fired?

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

I don't think they'd fire Brown.

My thoughts are that Brown has many irons in the fire including a bigger role at TSN (CJOB's main competition in Wpg.), a management role with the bombers (or perhaps another CFL team) or even a unique business opportunity in Winnipeg or south of the border.

Tight lips are prevailing right now and I'm not up to tapping my standard contacts. We'll find out in a few days or sooner.

9. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Finally they got rid of the big mouth!

10. Rids

Rids Member

Does CJOB have ties to SportsNet?

11. Bronko

Bronko Member

CJOB used to lean on established TSN TV contacts for their sports fill shows. Now, they have to use Global TV personalities (not exactly sports experts) and media folks not bound by TSN agreements. Thus, no Matt Dunigan, Chrissy Schulz, Jockstraps, Milt Stegall, Darren Dreger, Dave Naylor, etc.

They use one or two guys from Sportsnet, including the former head of hockey night in canada.

12. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Brown is back on the radio.