Drew Tate: Done For The Year: As Per Ian Busby Tweet

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Stamps Rule, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

TATE IS OUT!

Broken arm as per the Herald.

Damn. :-/

Here:

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Here it is posted 15 minutes ago as per Busby's twitter:
    "Stamps QB Drew Tate on how he feels about season ending injury: 'I'm not as bad as you guys think. The white horse will keep moving on'. #cfl"

Apparently it's a broken forearm. Where did this come from??? How can someone have an injury like that & play to the end of the game last Sunday & then not play the following week & indeed his season is declared over??? Like what?????????????
    I feel bad for Drew but as a fan I am pissed off. What a cluster**** of a week this has been. Now, it looks like we have a Buck Pierce Part 2 going on here. The issue is that Tate it seems can't seem to stay healthy.
    Look how Buck's woes has set back the Bombers. I want no part of a guy who gets hurt all the time... because it just rips apart an organization. The Bombers could never go forward wityh another qb as they were always waiting for Buck to come back.
    I sure hope that the team isn't as dense as the Bombers putting their faith in a qb that constantly gets hurt. This absolutely sucks...

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Guess Glenn's stock just went up depending how he fares sunday. Having a solid backup QB next year becomes imperative. Makes me appreciate Calvillo that much more.

4. CoachB57

CoachB57 Member

None of us are medical professionals, it is what it is. Obviously the trainers and team doctors determined the risk out weighed the reward of having him play.

To say he is Buck Pierce Part 2 is rather ignorant, in my opinion. He's caught the injury bug and has unfortunately had 2 injuries that has sidelined him at inopportune times. Nobody seems to want to point out how he's battled his way back to even get into this spot, he could have easily told Huf and the rest of the team that he was done, but he busted his ass in rehab and got back into the pilots seat. I totally get your frustration, but I truly feel that it is way too early to call a guy injury prone.

5. C-COOP

C-COOP Member

Finishing the game on adrenaline is not that surprising. I am guessing he didn't sleep much that night though.

Broken bones completely heal. Slapping the "Buck Pierce" label on him now is careless.

For some reason, I am still feeling pretty confident KG can get this job done for us.

6. jimnad

jimnad Member

How dissapointing For Drew Tate. What a warrior, to come back from what should have been a season ending shoulder surgery. Not only that he plays through a horrendous cheap shot and a broken arm to lead his team to the win.

I'm not ready to write Drew Tate off yet, just because he's been bitten by the inury bug.

The futre loos bright for the Stamps with Drew Tate playing QB.

7. ConcreteCowboy

Buck pierce comparisons are jumping the gun IMO. Buck would have just now be waking up in a hospital bed if he took the George hit. Broken bones happen, long term a broken bone generally doesn't lower durability.
    Huff said on 770 that he had a negative xray on Monday but the symptoms persisted so they sent him for an MRI, which is why it took 4 days to release the facts

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

We'll see, guys. I'm not convinced now that he's the long term answer at qb. I was going into this season but not anymore.

9. Liske

Liske Member

Buck Pierce also had broken bones. Just sayin.

The reason the comparisons are being made is because Tate has now suffered 2 season-ending injuries in one season. And did it playing only two and a half games. Very reminiscent of the fortunes of the Buckster.

The comparison may turn out to be a little premature, but you can't stop people from fearing the worst and making that association.

10. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Exactly. And the fact that same subject came up on The Fan 960 this afternoon & no doubt tonight on Sports Talk. It has to be discussed because it is relevant. This was supposed to be Tate's year & Tagte's team. The Stamps got rid of Hank for gawd sake to play this guy. And they got 3 1/2 games out of him. As well as his injury last season.

11. Bronko

Bronko Member

Most Stamp fans are happy that Glenn was obtained from Hammy and Hank discarded to same. Hank's enormous salary allows for more depth on the team as Glenn probably earns 1/2 of what Hank inhales . . . . and Tate was probably still on his first contract!

Hank & Tate would have made for curious/tense times in StampTown.....Plus Hank is rapidly gaining on 40....

In Hank's defense his body seems far more durable than his age, certainly more durable than the league's peanut brittles (Pierce, Elliott, Tate, Jyles)

12. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Hank used to have injury trouble, especially in 2005 & 2007 when he was out for extended periods of time with some nasty injuries. In the off season of 2007-08, he worked with a personal trainer here in Calgary & changed his diet & workout routine. He gained 25 lbs of muscle & hasn't missed a game since. Maybe it's something that needs to be looked at for Tate as well.

13. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I wouldn't be too worried about Tate. Unfortunately his most recent injury is disappointing. Having him return from his injury gave the team a good spark. Now Glenn has the opportunity to lead this team. So all the fans who were 50/50 about each player and who should or shouldn't be the QB are now 100 % correct.
    Just think in the Grey Cup it might be Bo Levi Mitchell. The way this season has gone off the field who knows. On the field can the team rally and show even more resiliency through adversity for another big game?

14. ConcreteCowboy

Sure Buck had some broken bones earlier in his career, I very highly doubt that those broken bones have contributed to his repeated head injuries... I'm pretty sure I remember Lewis breaking some ribs a while back as well and he's as durable as they come. I also seem to remember Glenn breaking his arm in 2007 (knock on wood) and don't recall him as an injury prone guy. Bones heal, and broken ones don't usually reduce durability in the long term.

I am still concerned about his shoulder since that is a durability reducing injury, but this recent injury gives no rise of concern in my mind (at least in the long term).

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how any of us speculate about it. Tate is our guy for the forseeable future, discounting the next couple weeks. We can only wait until next season to see how he does.

15. Christoph

Christoph Member

Tate did so much last game to reinforce what we already thought of him. He's a warrier and a gamer but may not have the frame to withstand the pounding of a full season.

That being said, he could still get over his injury bug, if that's what it is, and shake off the "injury prone" label. If he doesn't, it leaves the door wide open for a guy who excites me even more than Tate did with his immense potential, Bo-Levi Mitchell. Incidentally Mitchell also has a much sturdier build.

16. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Buck Pierce had all the potential to be a great CFL qb. And he's not as small as Tate. Yet, look at him. He's a mess. I sure hope that isn't Tate's fate.

17. Bronko

Bronko Member

Pierce is pretty scrawny. No more than 6'0" (he's listed as 6'1") and his thin frame prolly packs no more than 175 to 180 lbs. on it.

I think Tate is slightly taller (whether it be 1/2 inch to an inch its not much) but he's probably a true 190...

Glenn isn't much over 5'8 but he's a gnarled 195 to 200.

18. Flash

Flash Member

You know who else is scrawny? Rids.