Drug Dogs have 85% failure rate

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Stamps Rule, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

So the drug sniffing humans are the issue? Makes sense.

3. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Stamps Rule that study is flawed? I know I do this daily the dogs nose can not be fooled. Not sure where these boneheads thought that having a totally clean room is a test because really if a dog does not find anything they actually tell you with their actions. Either the handlers or the testers are too dumb to see what the dog is telling them. I took one of my dogs to a festival down at Princess Island you know the folk festival well my dog indicated every two feet. Have seen the study on trying to fool the dogs. The study showed they found drugs 100 per cent of the time. They placed it even in dirty diapers the dogs found it every time. One of my dogs found for a lady a $38,000 diamond ring in a local park. this after she had 8 guys with metal detectors out for the morning. My dog went in and it took her 15 minutes to find the ring. You do realize to do a proper study on anything you have to set the variables so that you have success and failure in this case having nothing in a room really does not interest the dog that has been trained to go in a room to find a scent if it is not there they will not show interest. You do know they scent via a cone the farther they are away from a subject the cone is wide at the end as they get closer to the subject the cone gets smaller (this is called casting) once they quit casting you release them from their leash and they will be on top the subject or will indicate through motions they have been taught. So this study is totally flawed. I tracked a missing dog right to the animal services truck for a neighbor. The neighbor was relieved that his dog was found but animal services released the dog to him with just a small fine instead of a much larger fine. I have taken part in many studies through out my life time and most are well thought out this study is immediately flawed. Reason the dogs are trained to scent something in the first place! They are not trained to find nothing!