News Early Predictions? for 2018 CFL Season

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, May 11, 2018.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

The streak is two.

In November 2016 and again in November 2017, an upstart team from the Canadian Football League’s Eastern Division upended the league’s best regular-season team and took him a championship.

In both years, Calgary was the victim of Grey Cup losses.

Will there be a third straight Grey Cup upset in November of this year? If so, will the Stamps again walk away empty handed?

Let’s take a look at how the 2018 season might play out? (posted by a Winnipeg fan, perhaps?)

Yes, I might change these predictions once training camps wrap up. A key injury or an under-the-radar player coming through could alter how the CFL season might play out. The good ol’ fashioned eye test can’t be ignored either.
    CALGARY: The phrase will be repeated multiple times in the coming weeks: Calgary has the depth to overcome a host of off-season changes. Saying that, the Stamps’ margin for error is gone. So, too, are too many defensive backs, a critical need in the pass-happy CFL. If quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell is injured and misses any significant period of time, the slide could be steeper. The most important off-season addition: guard Derek Dennis, who returns to anchor an offensive line that needs stability. The most important off-season loss: defensive back Shaq Richardson, who might be in the NFL this season, and who is one of four DBs from 2017 no longer with the team.

The projected final standings:
    WPG 12-6
    EDM 11-7
    CGY 10-8
    SSK 10-8
    BC: 7-11

HAM: 11-7
    TOR: 9-9
    OTT: 7-11
    MTL: 4-14

GREY CUP Prediction: Winnipeg defeats Hamilton. The league’s longest Grey Cup drought comes to an end, unless the league’s second-longest championship drought ends.
    Link

Tags:
  2. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I think Calgary going 10-8 is pretty accurate if BLM stays healthy. Otherwise I can see the Stamps having a reverse record of 8-10.

After consecutive appearances in the Grey Cup i think the Stamps will take a step back this year.
    Again this year the Stamps D will have to shine.

As always the West Division will be a grind. I predict when the season is done Edmonton will be hosting the West Final.