Ed Hervey, Good Fit for Stampeder Management Position?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Radio station in Edmonton suggests that Ed Hervey might be a good fit with the Stampeders as a replacement for John Hufnagel when John eventually decides to retire.

Hmm! I don't know about about this!

Thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Ummmnnn, pass.

I think that helmet swingin' episode at McMahon at Labour Day a decade or so back would probably disqualify him.

At least for me it would.

TM

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

If you could have a minder for Hervey it wouldn't be a bad hire. Not as GM or President - but a VP of player development specializing in U.S. college and NFL cuts. You definitely don't want a mope like Brendan Taman around - he's back looking for work and so far, no takers. Same with a guy you already had - Old Lyin' Lyle Bauer - the dark lord of threatening fans. Under no circumstances was Bauer a football man - an ex-player, yes, a slightly above average offensive guard - but basically as close to a criminal s you could have in CFL management. The powers to be have tried to place Bauer in a variety of 'charitable' positions after the Stamps let him go, but nothing has worked out for him - even tried stint as executive director of the Manitoba PC Party - but his autocratic style didn't pan out in their office!