Edmonton at Saskatchewan

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

[​IMG]

Regular Season Week 2 - Game 8
    Edmonton @ Saskatchewan
    Date: Sunday July 8th
    Time: 5:00 Calgary time
    TV/Radio: TSN / Edmonton Radio / Saskatchewan Radio / ESPN3.com (US Coverage)

Battle of the Green.

Personally I believe that Edmonton played under their ability last week and Saskatchewan played over their ability last week. This should return both to terra firma. There is no doubt that Durant > Jyles but the Esks Defense > Hamilton Defense as well.

I won't be able to watch in real time so I'll enjoy your comments as I watch the game tomorrow. Chatter on!

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I won't be able to watch it tonight either. The last 3 games gave me my fill anyway.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Couldn't have said it better myself Rids. In theory, the Saskies are a polished wrecking machine and the Esks are still in learning permit mode with Mr. Jyles. But as you say, I can't see Sask. replicating their great performance of last week. And Edmonton isn't that bad, are they? (just the normal coaching dogma, Jyles inability to make secondary reads, etc.)

Team with better pressure on the passer should win tonite. ie. battle of the olines!!!

4. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Game on.

Stupid Riders, I hope you lose.

5. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

What the hell? Saskatchewan gets a fly-over and nobody else does?

Oh well. I love those things.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

RAF Fly-Over must be for Edmonton's Dave Jameson....!!! btw, why is an Edmonton media flunky calling it quits at the 2 game mark of a season? (stupid question, but must have an answer)

still no comprendez those "busy" Edmonton uniforms!!!

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

Why is Dressler returning punts? (either he's suicidal or he;s just that good!

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

wow 1 single point for the eskies. looks like your ploppers may have a shot next week.

looks like rids won't have anything worth watching tomorrow either.

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

Plopperville can make heroes of the CFL's worst. I'd be astounded if the bombers keep Eric's Idlers under 17 points. Kavis's D is still pretty darn good, put some hard hits on Durant and shook him up - however they didn't have much DB speed to account for Sheets, who chewed them up alive. ET's charges will put some wild hits on Pierce but the game could be close if Joseph & Jyles show off their classic moping skills and Adarious Bowman remains side-lined.

10. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

some in alouette land worry McPherson might make a trip out west to save Tillman's ass.

11. Rids

Rids Member

I was checking my phone periodically and saw a couple numbers:

At one point Jyles was 3 of 10 passing.

At one point there were 17 combined punts?

Now watching the TSN "highlights" and see Jyles was pulled from the game twice. Remember when people were calling him the answer to Toronto's QB issues? Yeah that wasn't me.

12. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I was out of town all day in sunny SE BC sitting b ya lake taking life in. Sound like Edmonton's qb sucked & they lost. Way to go Sonic. What a stupid trade.

13. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

That Edmonton / T.O. trade has to be one of the worst deals ever (or best, depending on who you like).

14. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

well duh :D

15. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I guess the Eskimos are selling the trade as a salary cut. Salary cut to the most important position on the team with nobody there to step in. Retarded move by ET which should result in his firing at season's end. Or the fanbase will revolt.

16. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

if they, Should they lose at home to winnipeg, ET may not make it to Labor day.

17. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Both teams padded their sack totals today. By the standard both defenses displayed today made the offense for each team look very ordinary and anemic. I know it is only two games, but I would like to see that type of intensity from Calgary's D on a more consistent basis. Yet with less penalties.

18. Bronko

Bronko Member

Two very good to excellent defensive coaches showing their wares. However, Edmonton is half-brained at QB and their offense is having obvious problems with the athletic but inconsistent Jyles and the athletic but old & rickity Joseph, Kerry Esq. Sask. has a monster D and Champ (Chamblin) is utilizing Willis to his fullest by unleashing him for what he does best (hunting QBs) while in Wpg. Porky Plop was leashing up Willis, telling him to hold position and maintain angles - in essence be virtually useless.

Sask's offense has potential as Durant is much more current than the Esk guys.....and the Sask receivers are extremely fleet afoot and can hold onto the ball. However, the trouble in Greenland is Labatte going down w/ shoulder injury and Adarious Bowman being bonked on a tackle.

19. Christoph

Christoph Member

I disagree. This is proof positive that you don't need a QB to produce offensively in the CFL. I mean they scored once didn't they.

20. Christoph

Christoph Member

Why? He's eerily similar to his current "ass saver."