Edmonton teacher suspended for giving students zeros

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Stamps Rule, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

God forbid one of these little angels gets a big fat red ZERO on an assignment! That might just hurt their self-esteem, and we can't have that!

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

Hopefully this teacher finds a spot in a private school without the goofy rules.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

The goofy rules are all over the place Rids... it's not about succeeding, it's all about not failing. Kids that never tried in school & were troublemakers or jerk offs find out fast once they leave high school that other than their families, nobody gives a rat's ass about them anymore. The guy who was the class clown is just that, a clown. Nobody laughs at his jokes anymore. Nobody cares. Get a job kid. Grow old fast in a series of low paying, dead end jobs.

4. Christoph

Christoph Member

I completely agree with you. However as many students (undoubtedly with ridiculous piles of student loan debt like myself) will tell you, you can get stuck in the same spot even with a solid education. My average was over 90% in high school and I had a 4.0 GPA in my tech profram at NAIT and I'm still stuck in dead end jobs! I almost feel like I might as well have not tried in school either because being an assistant manager in a deli barely pays the bills much less my debts.

I think we need to reevaluate our entire education system both at the secondary and post-secondary levels. We have guys who are allowed to slide by through doing nothing through high school only to discover that the real world requires work and effort, neither of which they know how to put forth. And then we have students who work their butts off in university and college only to discover that a downturn in the economy has left them in the same place working crap jobs alongside the slacker rejects, only they're knee deep in student loan debt to boot. There are no jobs in my field of study. I'd go back to school but i can't afford it. And so here I am, playing babysitter to those class clowns you refer to.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Christoph, not talking about you or post secondary students. I'm talking about the goofs in high school who skip classes, don't do their assignments, disrespect their teachers & the rules of their high school. The guys & girls who constantly cause trouble or don't care. See them everyday. They think they're so cool because theiy want to impress their peers. Then, reality sets in a year after they leave & they don't have their high school diploma. That's what I meant by "get a job kid". Grow old fast in a series of low paying, dead end jobs."

6. Christoph

Christoph Member

No I know what you meant don't worry. I just had to vent. I wasn't taking offense to anything you said because frankly I completely agree.

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

No problem. I understand.