Signing Eric Rogers A Stampeder Once Again?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

[​IMG] Mark Stephen‏@Markonfootball

Coach Dickenson says deal with Eric Dion Rogers agreed upon but still hurdles to overcome, pending physical.

Former CFL all-star receiver Eric Rogers on the verge of Stampeders return

Former CFL all-star receiver Eric Rogers is on the verge of a return with the Calgary Stampeders, per sources.

The six-foot-four, 215-pounder made an impact during the Stamps 2014 Grey Cup championship run and followed that up by leading the CFL in receiving yards (1,448) and touchdowns (10) in 2015. That drew interest from more than 20 NFL teams, including 16 who met or worked Rogers out.

Rogers spent more than a year recovering and rehabbing the first major injury he’s suffered in his pro career. Rogers has been cleared to return to football activities by Dr. James Andrews who performed the surgery. He worked out for the New York Jets in November but did not receive a contract offer from the team.

Stampeders quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell and Rogers developed a strong bond while the two played together in 2014 and 2015.

“As long as Bo is there I for sure would definitely like to be in Calgary,” Rogers said last September.

“Bo, I feel is the top competitor and top QB up there, I may be a little biased, but he’s a winner and I like playing with winners.”
    http://3downnation.com/2018/06/06/f...-eric-rogers-agrees-to-terms-with-stampeders/

#1 Seeker1, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah...but he hasn't seen game action on a football field for 2 seasons now.

I wonder who we're getting back...

If it's the ER we saw in 2014 and 2015, then, great, I'll take him! :D

But, if he's something less than that, we may already have better options who've been in camp for the past 4 weeks, and who have seen game action at some point over the past 2 years...

TM

3. strujas

strujas Member

Welcome back Eric!

4. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

I’m curious to see what he looks like back on the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk