Eskimos QBs

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, May 17, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Saw this on twitter and figured it needed to be spread:

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Can somebody tell me just WTH Tillman did or is doing with his qbs??? Traded Ray for Jyles then says the guy may not be number one???

3. Christoph

Christoph Member

He's molesting the QB position.

4. Rids

Rids Member

Sounds like the Eskimos are going to take advantage of the CFL Intern program and bring in Curtis Dell for part of training camp from the U of Alberta. Dell is a high school product of Calgary's St. Francis.

Also a QB that they had on the neg list at one point last year (not sure if he still is because I don't have level 5 vault clearance...or happen to have a desk next to the fax machine in the CFL HQ) Dan Persa out of Northwestern has blown out his Achilles again. His chances at a pro career are basically over with 2 ruptures of the same tendon.

5. Newton

Newton Member

That may be true, and sounds like good news for one Curtis Dell (I hate St Francis still!!! / its been 20 years )

but still ...what the heck is Edmonton going to do about the QB situation ...the franchise looks all of the sudden ...sort of expansiony.

6. Rids

Rids Member

They don't look very strong at all right now. Especially with a setback in the development of Eric Ward which is a disappointment to me (and I'm sure to the Eskies) as I thought he'd be ready for a shot this year.

Matt Nichols could surprise but he just seems to be the total opposite of the rest of the QBs they have on the roster and that makes me wonder what the playbook looks like. How many plays are designed for a pocket QB vs a mobile QB?