Esks lose Adarius Bowman for the season

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Christoph, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

Now who is their QB going to pass the ball to?

Oh wait, I guess that won't matter until they find one.

This is terrible news for Bowman but it probably won't effect the Eskimos much to be honest. Star receivers are really only useful if there is someone on the team who can actually get them the ball in the first place. ;)

Tags:
  2. Liske

Liske Member

If you tear both the MCL and ACL is that considered potentially career threatening?

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I'd say yes but the fact is that surgical as well as physiotherapy & recovery techniques have improved over the years. I suffered a bad knee injury (tore my ACL, MCL & PCL in 1975) & it affected me immensely. It was a life changing event. I gave up a lot of physical activities after that. For example, I really enjoyed downhill skiing. Haven't skied since I got hurt.I wanted to waterski but because of my knee I never tried it. Of course, the injury & surgery was in 1975 which was 37 years ago but it's always in your head. The pain, the surgery & not wanting to injure the knee again. I don't think after you suffered what Bowman & I suffered, you actually ever it get over it. It will take a lot of courage for Bowman to come back. The mental stuff may be more difficult for him to overcome than the physical ones. I know all about that. I had to have four surgeries on my left knee in the years following.

4. Liske

Liske Member

Ouch, sorry to hear about that. I hadn't heard of the PCL before, but I guess there's a lot of ligaments around the knee.

Yeah, that's too bad about Bowman. He is a good, bordering on great, receiver. Hope he can come back from this.

5. Christoph

Christoph Member

You tore your PCL???? Wow! That's pretty rare. That's one big honkin' ligament. The thing is probably quadruple the thickness of your ACL based on every MRI scan I've seen. That must have been a brutal injury to tear all of those. I don't even want to know what happened. It makes me cringe to think about it.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Yes, it is true. That happened in 1975. Very traumatic injury. Felt like someone was stabbing me in the leg over & over. Had three major surgeries in 3 years after the initial injury. In those days, there was no arthroscopic surgery. They opened my knee right up everytime until the early 80's when arthro surgery became commonplace. A brutal, brutal injury.

7. Christoph

Christoph Member

I can only imagine (although I'm trying not to). I hope all the surgeries eventually did the trick.

8. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Not so fast:

Bowman may not be done...after all
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/bas ... story.html

Still doesn't address the issue about who'll get him the ball whenever he does get back, though...;)

TM

9. iso_55

iso_55 Member

It's great Bowman's optimistic but I think he is pretty naive about the recovery process & all the things he'll have to go through just to get back on the field for next year not just this year.