Fans need to smarten up

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Rich, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Rich

Rich Member

Hughes gets threats because of the hit he put on Ray. Are we not allowed to touch TO players, let alone tackle them? The scary part of the threats, is that some people will actually follow through on them. Some people really lack the mental ability to use their brains. On another note, at the Calgary/Sask game a few weeks ago, some melon head threw a beer at Quick Six when Calgary got their last TD. I think it hit the horse as she stopped Six immediately, turned to the crowd to try and find the idiot and then patted Six on the neck. We fans need to be the eyes and ears as the security can't be everywhere at once. I would have no problem pointing out these "people". If you see something, get security and get them out, these people's lack of respect are a danger to the players and other fans. I was on the opposite side of the stadium when the beer was thrown, couldn't pick the #[email protected]%head out.

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Good post Rich, I agree.

You can be a die hard fan, paint your face whatever colour you want, wear whatever outfit you want, scream as loud as you want - but when that starts to venture into wanting to physically harm opposing fans or the team itself, a serious mental health check is needed.

3. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I would seriously punch anyone that threw something at the horse and the police could sort it out later.

4. C-COOP

C-COOP Member

I never saw that incident. But I know if that happened in our section that guy would be wishing he were arrested.

5. Rich

Rich Member

Another incident I saw was years ago at another Cal/Sask game, a Calgary fan had a sign that said, no offence on my part to Riders fans, "Rider fans are gay". After the game walking out I saw this guy getting some Rider Justice. He deserved it. It is one thing to say Riders suck, and another to take personal shots like that. Most of the fans I see and talk to at the game are great fans, you can joke and talk with no problems, just some are, well, idiots.

6. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Sadly the line of stupidity is often crossed by our own fans as well.

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

some of them surely are but it's not fair to generalize. :cyclops:

8. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Wow did some surfing at different fan sites! I have to say this sight is very quiet and usually that means the fans are happy with the results on the field. But I went on a trek to Eskimo fans site and well it sure is busy and you know what that means. It appears those boys and girls over there are hurtin real bad. Yup it sure looks good on them. I just hope the Stamps read that little post on Nik and how the fans thought of his injury! I would hope the team will take it too them but good just for Nik and the great fans of Calgary! Becuase we all know how much we love to see Eskimo fans cry! Man it has been a long time since we had a competitive thread on the eskimos! I have to say though the last time we lost badly to them Hank was their best QB at the battle of Alberta a couple of years back! Hank threw more completions to the Schmoes then the guys in Red! But heck Hank your a hard guy to dislike! I truly want to see the Eskies humiliated this weekend.

Back on topic yes there will always be stupid fans at games from every team! Some more then others but you know the old saying "There ain't no cure for stupid"! I remember one time I sat with some young kids in the family section! And you know I really hate when they throw stuff up into the stands while your watching the game but a beach ball came over and well this 340 lb woman went diving in the stands to hit this beach ball and landed on top of a bunch of kids. She was so large she hit maybe five kids and the parents. I mean seriously these people that do this must not think about what can happen when you feed mornic people like miss Saskatchewan all 340lbs of her! But again you have to realize that there are these types of people that do not think of what their stupidity will do to others. By the way she did not say sorry or nothing got off her fat behind and got back to her three seats!

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  9. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

You're jist a shit disturber, ain't ya, rw? :D

TM

10. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Really? I mean which part LOL! Seriously this lady was very large and acted like an 8 year old that was drinking a case of Red Bull! This is a true story! ANd I guess I gave away what team she was cheering for! The best fans I sat with for a game for an opposing team was the Montreal Als fans they were great! And with this coming mondays game a good friend of mine from that place up North you know Leduc's bedroom community called Edmonton is coming down and yes stamp fans I have to sit with this guy wearing that god awful colors and I will have to duck through out the game as stuff gets thrown at him! He is a good natured fellow a couple of years ago in what I call Hanks best game as an Eskimo he was pretty good about ribbing us after the game. It lasted only a couple of hours where as last years game I ribbed him for a month! But in all every team has their genius that wants to be a fool and of course this genius is always tougher then superman until they load him in the ambulance to get a few stitches! MY dream is to go to a game where there is no such thing as a bad fan! I have been to many bowl games and I guess they rank in this catagory! But a CFL game not going to happen! The thing is over the last ten years I have not had the luxury to go to many games as my hobby takes up so much of my time. So this Monday I will enjoy the game! By the way TM a friend of mine (special forces) is coming back to Montana tomorrow his three year stint is done! And he was at a base yesterday already missing his dog! It is too bad they do not get to come back at the same time. Anyway lets all hope everyone has a good time at the game and if you drink to much remember you may be the fool that every one is watching and telling stories about on a fan site! Have a great game I will have a green and gold crying towel for my buddy from Edmonton! I hate having to wring it out every year!

11. Rids

Rids Member

12. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

The dive was similar but the shadow of the 340 behemoth was much different. She went three rows on top of the kids and two parents! The dive was pretty much the same but she was much bigger then that guy! LOL She could block out the sun!