Father's Day Brings Out The Love In Calgary Stampeders' Fathers

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Father's Day brings out the love in Calgary Stampeders' fathers
    Scott Fisher, Calgarysun.com

Balancing fatherhood and a professional sports career isn’t easy.

But Calgary Stampeders linebacker Keon Raymond has got it figured out.

“The most important thing for me is allowing my family to be first in everything I do,” Raymond said. “My wife and I have been together since college, so she understands the demands of me playing football.

“It’s hard on the kids when I’m gone two or three days at a time. But I make sure I bring them back something from every trip, so they’re looking forward to seeing me. I try my hardest to make them feel the importance.”

Raymond has three sons — Keon Jr., 10, Dashaun, 8, and Ramael, 6 — and two-year-old daughter Gabrielle, who enjoys posing for pictures for the media.

Raymond says his youngsters enjoy what he does for a living and have picked up the pigskin themselves.

Read more: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/15/fathers-day-brings-out-the-love-in-calgary-stampeders-fathers

2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Stampeders linebacker loving time with young daughter
    Scott Fisher, Calgarysun.com

Juwan Simpson’s love for his baby girl knows no bounds.

But he admits there was a time he was hoping he’d be buying blue (or red!) clothes, not pink.

“To be honest with you, I wanted a boy,” Simpson said with a laugh. “But God gave me a girl for a reason. He knew I needed one. It’s been great. I get a smile on my face just thinking about different moments.”

Laila Simpson was born on Grey Cup Sunday last November, when the Calgary Stampeders lost 35-22 to the Toronto Argonauts, and the Stamps linebacker enjoyed every minute he had with her during the off-season.

Read more: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/15/stampeders-linebacker-loving-time-with-young-daughter