: First Iginla, Now Bouwmeester...

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Christoph, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

Word is that Jay Feester has now dealt his top minute muncher, and as was the case with the Iginla deal, all he got were a pair of no-name prospects and a mid to late first round pick. Not happy. This is where he should have been able to get a king's ransom. Bouwmeester is still in his prime and he's the type of effortless skater with size on the back end that all GM's dream of.

Furthermore he's not a rental. If they didn't receive an offer to their liking, don't move him. There's no reason to. They'd still have him next year.

I don't understand how they got so little for him. Especially given that this is a condensed season and very few teams have yet to fall out of the running. This means that lots of teams think that with one more piece they have a legitimate chance, but very few teams are selling. In other words it's a sellers market. There's a big demand but very limited supply.

And I thought the Iginla deal was generous. At least in that case they had the excuse that they were trying to do right by the best player and ambassador in their history. What's the excuse this time?

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

This had to be done. Fine with the move. Besides, looks like that was all Feaster could get for the guy. Cheer for the Blues so they make the playoffs & we have a THIRD 1st round pick. Let the rebuild begin!

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Now Feaster is saying that the upheaval going on is his fault as he was too stubborn to trade Iggy or Bouwmeester before. Said he was wrong. Didn't want to be the GM to trade Iginla. Well then, why shouldn't he be fired? Why isn't he accountable??

4. pizmo

pizmo Member

As an Oiler fan, I can't stop smiling. Feaster in the running for Tambo trophy as most lame GM. Bouwmeester trade was terrible or in my case, absolutely great.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I am finding that the Flames treat their fans with such disrespect. Never come clean. Never tell the truth. Sugarcoat everything. Tell them progress is being made when it's not. It's been like that ever since Darryl Sutter & Ken King arrived.

6. Christoph

Christoph Member

Yeah hopefully they sneak in and get bounced right away though so that the pick is as high as possible. ;)