Fixed Olympic Boxing Match

Discussion in 'More Sports' started by Stamps Rule, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Pretty disgraceful... But not the first time we've seen that. The worst are the figure skating judges... That is the most corrupt sport in the Olys. My wife is a huge figure skating fan but has stopped watching because of the corruption. I remember the 1968 Winter Olys in Grenoble, France in 1968. Canada's National team was taking it to the Russians pretty good in hockey until the refs from East Germany began to call penalties on Canada to make sure the mighty Russian Bear won its obligatory gold medal which they did. I think had the game been called the way it should have been called, the Russians would have lost. Canada either won bronze or finished fourth at those Olys. Then there was the Summit Series in 1972 with that dick East German referee who ignored anything the Russians did but called everything on Canada. Seems it doesn't matter how you win to some countries, just if you win,
    This boxing ref should be thrown out of future Oly & World competitions. The decision by the judges overturned & they themselves barred for life from all future World & Oly events like the ref should be & the boxing match awarded to the Japanese fighter.

3. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

The "modern" Olympics have always been a shit show.

Look at the 2002 "double gold medal" figure skating scandal, plus everything you've mentioned, plus everything that has happened in these games.

To Vancouver's credit, I can't recall a single scandal that happened during those games.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I will be knocked for this but if it was up to me there'd be no more Olys. Winter or summer... Costs too much, money is changing hands, corruption, the list goes on.