Football Board Games

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Rids, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

May 3, 2012
    So I've been a Strat-O-Matic fan for decades. Pretty much worn out my 1982 team sets but for a personal milestone here my buddy sent me a copy of "1st & Goal". It's a dice results game that is basically a more simplistic version of Strat-O-Matic that exchanges the playcalling based on the player strengths for choosing a play out of 8 cards in your hand. Makes it a little more random and you can't have a go-to play like you can in Strat-O-Matic. At the same time it forces the Defense to also choose a formation out of the 8 cards they have in their hand.

A little less time consuming but I can see that it'll be as addictive as my years spent running a Strat-O-Matic league. The expansion team feature is a great one and my buddy sent me the "Southeast" teams which have different result dice. Even though the plays are the same the results will be different forcing you to call plays differently which is genius (plus you'll want to collect all 6 Divisions to create a full 24 team league).

Worth the looksee if you like board games and it's a strong football board game.

I'll give it a 8 out of 10 overall.