Former RB Reynolds Arrested (Update: Now Deported)

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Rids, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Joffrey Reynolds was arrested and charged with assault around 4am Saturday morning.

I would say it's out of character for him from my dealings with him in the past but it's happened and he'll have to answer for it.

Full article (can't post a quote because it's that short) - http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/15/fo ... th-assault

More on Monday.

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow, that's too bad - like you said, seems really out of character for him.

3. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Man, what a sad story. Hope Joff gets his life straightened out.

5. Christoph

Christoph Member

I am utterly shocked. Reynolds is the last guy I would ever have expected to get in trouble with the law. He has no excuses. My perception of his character has been irrevocably altered as will be my memory of him as a player. I've always seen him not only as a great player but a class act so it's sad to say it but there's no denying that this has tainted his legacy.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

He seems to be going through a rough time perhaps not prepared for life after football. A lot of former pro athletes struggle especially if they didn't leave the game under their own terms.

7. Liske

Liske Member

This isn't uncommon for pro athletes, especially if they are traded after being on one team for most of their career, or let go when they feel they can still contribute. A sudden change can often trigger behaviour based on anger and a feeling of loss or not being in control of one's life anymore. It's also a possible sign of concussion (but unlikely in Reynold's case).

It's out of character for Reynolds off field. But on field he did have a couple of incidences (shoving, stepping on top of another player).

Wishing Reynolds the best as he works his problems out.

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

the 2008 grey cup team just falling apart. Someone on the als forum is asking what Mike Labinjo is up to these days.

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

So much for the bombers picking up Joff for temporary relief in their backfield. Bombers already have enough mopes, cancers & quitters in their fold so no room at the inn for Reynolds!

10. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Alright......Let's all remember innocent until proven guilty, here. :s

The police arrest people for stupid things everyday; no need to go throwing anyone under the bus, yet.

11. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

OH NOEZ!

Shoving? On a football field? Let's give him a 30 day mental evaluation, just to me sure he's not unstable......:-/

12. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Post of the day on 13th man: 'The way the bombers' season is going the only W they'll see is the one on their helmets'.

13. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Deosn't sound like things are getting better at all for Joff.

Global showed that he was taken in for a hearing with Canadian Border Services on some immigration questions.

14. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

15. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/foo ... story.html

Reynolds has been released from Canadian Border Services custody as he isn't a flight risk.

It's unfortunate to hear the turn his life has taken however.

16. Bronko

Bronko Member

you'd think a guy who repotedly made $120k to $165k wouldn't be that destitute but who am I to say.

In Winnipeg last week a 4 time Mr. Canada (muscleman) winner named Reid Schindle was busted after a massive grow-op was shut down.

I actually knew this muscleman as he was the lead man on the Gold's Gym in Wpg when it opened around 1982-83. Reid was a nice guy who got in with the wrong people.

Saw him about 10 years back, he was apprenticing as an electrician. Guess he found out where the big money (and big sentences) were.

That old Gold's Gym was something. Lots of old bombers, jets, rasslers, etc.

Remember one week meeting Jesse the Body Ventura, Hulk Hogan, The Sheik, Gagne & Brunzell, Bob Lueck, David Black, Chuckles Liebrock, several more.

Remember a good lookin' young kid, a weight-liftin' champion from Manitoba who could press 450 lbs., do a 500 dead lift, big curls, etc. This kid decided to try out for the bombers (around 1982 or 83, perhaps 84)...... lasted around 45 minutes after passing his physical. First session he was evidently getting bumped around by so called 'weaker' men. He just got up and quit - couldn't believe sheer strength wasn't his ticket to the CFL....

17. Bronko

Bronko Member

They determined Joffrey wasn't a flight risk???? What did they do - time him in the 40?:D

18. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Joff is back on Twitter tonight.

I sure hope things aren't as they have been reported, have a lot of respect for Joff.

19. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I knew Reid Schindle as well back in the 70's. I think he hung at the Fit Stop on Provencher Avenue. Had a membership there & worked out with Bombers Brian Herosian who managed the place... Lots of Bombers there at the time like Chuck Liebrock, Randy Hallsall. As well as convicted murderer & former Bomber Brian Jack.
    As far as being big & strong like a weightlifter. In football it's playing at pad level. Getting leverage. if you get underneath your opponent you can dominate him no matter how strong he is. The kid gave up too soon. Shoulda stuck with it.

20. Bronko

Bronko Member

The kid (his name was Derek) was only 6'0" and probably weighed no more than 235 - - - - even with all his muscleman records he was obviously unprepared for the torment of pro football - especially the trenches. Prolly played a bit of high school ball and his natural strenght enabled him to dominate. but in the pros - the game is at pad level and his super-normal strength was used against him. If he was 6'4" and 255 then perhaps he would have been scouted earlier and been developed in CIS.

btw - Jack actually owned part of the Fit Stop before his wife disappeared and all his court stuff occurred.