GDT: Stamps @ Bombers

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

From lovely IG Field, 8:30 EST

Bit of a brisk wind (under 15kmh), partly cloudy at noon, expected to have 22,500 to 23,800 of the usual suspects in the house.

Mitchell a NO-GO as Stamps retain salary cap coin by not lifting his 6 game IR embargo.

Bombers an injury mess although O'Smirk always claims there are no injuries, just guys who don't dress. Basically, O'Shea is an inveterate liar & BS'r, near Trumpian levels.

On face of it. Arbuckle the less experienced but far more mobile QB than Le Grand Diaper, Mutty Nichols. Nichols is terrified of getting hammered and routinely tosses balls into the ground, the stands or tries to baseball slide for soft sacks.

Arbuckle has almost as good a receiver fleet as Nichols but ain't afraid to use them. Nichols seldom gets that extra 1/2 second, allowing his WRs to finish their convoluted routes (NB: All Paul "PLOP" LaPolice routes are convoluted, PLOP's nickname should be Ally Sherman, Jr.

Nichols will wear out Andrew Harris to the point of exhaustion. Stamps will crack down on Harris sometime in the second half, if not prior.

Thus with two middlin' QBs this sets up as a defensive battle. Therefore, like the Stamps by 4 to 9 pts.

Nichols will tell the media one game never matters, go get 'em next week. Same with Smirkmaster O'Shea.

Two of the best place-kickers in CFL history.

89% boy Parades vs. 85% Medlock - - - - winds might effect kicks over 42 yds.

Lets hope Rod Black is still banned from Thursday football.

Holding Black down to 1 game a week was a great decision by TSN tall foreheads.

Tags:
    Madman and Tundra Mustang like this.
  2. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

Great battle between two 5-2 teams. Sadly
    can’t see it down here .
    Go STAMPEDERS

B7887ADB-FE1F-4A04-98D4-0F9FF353A340.png

Bronko likes this.
  3. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Bronks, thanks for the thread! The game should be a good one.

Jason, sorry to hear you can't view the game in Oklahoma. Did ESPN2 pull the pin on its CFL contract?

Geez, that's too bad if that's the case...you can even see TSN's CFL broadcasts far to the south of you in Mexico!

TM

Bronko likes this.
  4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Didn't know Jason resided/scouts in Oklahoma. Was just reviewing my autographed copy of The Encyclopedia of Oklahoma Football. Huge book that goes back wildly into history of that fabled program. Didn't realize their most fabled coach only had a 5-8 W-L record vs. non-conference opponents. Autograph is NOT the author/compiler but some guy who's first name starts with an M - and he incorporates a "crown" into his signature.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

Bombers keeping mum on the injury scene. No ridiculous comments about taking Calgary 'seriously'. Lots of muddled thoughts coming from O'Shea, Richie Hall, PLOP about working vs. Calgary & Dave Dick. Buckling up Arbuckle should be Priority 1 but bomber defense still a tad away from gelling properly. Some local yokels think the Bombers might get schooled by the 5-2 Stamps, which would set many marble-mouthed peg fans into Torch 'n Pitchfork mode.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

Bombers jettison to early 10-0 lead before Stamps realize they're in a game. O'Shea don't like double digit leads so he instructs his DC Richie Hall to let Stamps have an easy drive culminating in a 12 yd TD romp by Mr. Arbuckle.

Bad news for bomber o-line. Interior OL Cody Speller off to dressing room with suspected leg injury. He won't be back if bombers took him to the room. Too bad veteran OL Paddy Neufeld is on the 400 game IR.

Two obvious bomber weaknesses. 2018 defensive player of the year, Adam Bighill looks about as fast as frozen honey. Bomber safety looks even slower, if that's possible. Two weeks in a row he's whiffed on a long gain from a short hitch pass.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

Too early to call Bighill 4 and the safety 29 gassed. They're just plum slow 'n sluggish.

8. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice of O'Shea to 'instruct' his defence to lay down so the Stampeders could get an easy score, Bronks! :p

Been watchin' the game for over a half century and didn't even realize that's how the game is played!:jawdrop:

Learn sumpthin' new every day...;)

TM

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

Half sarc, 1/3 truth Terry . . .
    #80 keeping peg-a-boo-boos in the match, Whoo - Genetically Grant is sometin' else!!!

1:38 left. . . . what instructions will O'Shea impart on his charges to avoid having the lead at the half???

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Safeway - Snobey's lucky they abandoned that insured 2 TDs on returns gimmick. They'd be closing stores all over Canada this year to be sure!

11. Bronko

Bronko Member

My guess on Matt Nichols irrelevant as Gen. Grant coughs off the pigskin - obviously his hands now allergic to pigskin! Hey TM, maybe O'Smirk instructed General Grant to cough up the ball to make the score closer!!! LOL

12. Bronko

Bronko Member

Sayles gonna be in O'Shea's bad books for pickin' off that Arbuckle bonnet late in the half . . . LOL

13. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Wassamatta?

Team not listenin' to the coach?

Bombers still in the lead at the half! :jawdrop:

TM

14. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, sure.

I've certainly heard crazier theories...

Uh, no wait.

No, uh, no I haven't...;)

TM

15. Bronko

Bronko Member

As an aside, I'd never heard of the psychedelic band Crown Lands before. Now, I'm a fan. They really rocked the house. Best 2 person band since Jeff Buckley was 1-man band. Frizzy haired lady drummer-vocalist is truly amazing. Cross between Ann Wilson & Janis Joplin!!!

16. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately, I didn't watch 'em.

It's a warm, humid and sultry evening here in Edmonton, so I joined my wife out on the deck for halftime.

Catch 'em some other time. ;)

TM

17. Bronko

Bronko Member

Can't believe I haven't seen the resemblance before. Richie Hall is Al Roker - or vice-versa!

18. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

On espn little league baseball
    On espn 2 women’s basketball
    NFL network preseason NFL football

19. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

End of 3rd qtr, bombers up
    23-14.better hurry stampeders

20. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Stamps looking like a team that is playing on a short week. Looking pretty tired and not focused like usual. Can't blame them for the loss tonight. Going up against a team that is well rested and the offense which is now pretty one dimensional now with no RB game to speak of. Special teams, not even going to mention. Another game where they struggled with coverages and very difficult time blocking.
    I feel the Arbuckle interception just before half time has deflated the team pretty much.

I kind of circled this game as a loss against the Bombers tonight just for the fact that it is such a short week and the Stamps had a tough game against the Esks and didn't think they had too much in the tank.

Hopefully the team can rebound next week against the ALS. I am curious to see how rusty the offense will be with BLM at the helm.

Tundra Mustang likes this.