Signing Glenn Love re-signs with Stampeders

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jan 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Calgary Stampeders head coach and general manager John Hufnagel is pleased to announce the re-signing of international linebacker Glenn Love. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Love, who had been eligible to become a free agent in February, played 15 regular-season games during the 2014 season. He excelled on special teams as he ranked second on the Stampeders and eighth in the CFL with 20 special-teams tackles. Love was named the CFL’s special teams player of the week for Week 18 after making a career-high four special-teams tackles in a 40-27 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

The 25-year-old UCLA product also served as a backup linebacker for the Red and White in 2014 and made one start on defence. Love had seven defensive tackles for the season and had four tackles and a sack during a July 12 game against Toronto.

“I’m very pleased that Glenn has made the decision to remain with the Stampeders,” said Hufnagel. “He has been an excellent special-teams player for us and has also made valuable contributions on defence when called upon.”

Love signed with the Stampeders as a free agent on Aug. 28, 2013, after starting his CFL career with the BC Lions in 2012. In 20 career games, he has recorded 16 defensive tackles, 22 special-teams tackles and two sacks.

“I’ve enjoyed my time in Calgary and it was an easy choice to stay with the Stampeders,” said Love. “We have a great coaching staff, a great group of players and great fans and I’m looking forward to the new season and to putting in the hard work that will be necessary as we try to repeat as Grey Cup champions."

http://stampeders.com/article/love-is-here-to-stay

Tags:
  2. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Good signing! :bookworm:

3. Rids

Rids Member

Crowded at LB these days.