Grey Cup 103 Thread - Winnipeg

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

So it comes down to Mike Reilly and his vaunted schmoes vs. the upstart Redblacks - an expansion team only in its second year of operation, fronted by a gap-toothed 41 yr old QB.

Still 1200 to 1500 seats remain (plus 400 to 600 being offered on various 2nd hand ticket sites) so Wadzilla still trying to find sponsors (like Nissan) to pick up 200 to 400 heavily discounted tickets at a time.

Only hope Wad has the budget to clean up various Wadzilla style defecations on actual playing field.

Half-time entertainers Fall Out Boy won an AMA award last nite. Rah-Rah!

Nothing really exciting will start happening in pro-football deprived Winnipeg until Friday nite, possibly Saturday when real fans start arriving from the Outer Limits of Canada's hinterland (wait a sec. - isn't Winnipeg the OUter Limits???)

Lots of sick and demented bomber management and board of directors will get an opportunity to schmooze and rub shoulders with real football people as the teams and quality coaching/management staffs start arriving on Wednesday.

My guess is this game sets up as a major mis-match but you never know how these things break down. Hank will need a major all-star level game (I'm talking 350 to 400 yds passing with limited pickage) to keep the RBs in the game. If he turns into Frank (hints of that in the EF) the schmoes should win going away.

And no don't expect Ronda Rousey (aka Rowdy Ronda Mousey) to show her punted face this weekend in Winnipeg.

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

If the same Edmonton team shows up that beat Calgary, then it won't even be close.

How's the weather forecast looking? That could play a major part in the game if the air attack gets shuts down due to weather.

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

accuweather says 'plenty of sunshine'.:cool: from a high of 27 to a low of 16 farenheit.:coldfeet:

the wind should keep it a low scoring game but then grey cup 101 happened.:palm:

I'm giving Ottawa a one in 5 to one in 10 shot for the upset.:pompus:

Vegas is giving 1/5 odds for edm vs 7/2 for ott.:greedy:

#3 deuvl, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  4. Jayman

Jayman Member

The number of "once Blue Bummers" will be an issue.
    Edmo's team will know ALL the scuzzy joints to hit, might have a negative game day effect.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

is this heaven?

it's Manitoba.

Manitoba?

Yeah.

Is there a heaven?

Oh yeah, it's the place dreams come true.

Maybe this is heav.....nahhhhhhh. no way.

It was nice meeting dwier brown Saturday in NH.

6. Jayman

Jayman Member

Very much like "Odessa", the CFL Contrarians Brotherhood will be holding our AGM in Winnerpeg this Saturday.
    Just some of the rsvp's that have come in include from moi, the Jayman, an old OBB goon "Wumper", Nasty Nate, Lyle E., Deuvl, Bronks, some guy who claims to be Lyle Bauer, some sasky handle "Lyin Guy", an Esky fan who goes by the rather intricate name of "joe", and others who have refused to waive the confidentiality agreement.
    The time and place will be confirmed at 12 noon Saturday as part of the CJOB sports update.
    Turkish Airforce providing security so don't screw around.
    The agenda includes new directors, a brief overview of a thesaurus, an update on the 2016 revised rules of a Pissing Match, and other neat stuff. The door prize is 15 minutes in a steam bath with a full size photo of Sara!!
    There are a few benchs still available so get back to me.....

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

i'll be passing by the stamps house Saturday before heading to bronko's shop n' save store.

they're having it at the Pony Corral, they couldn't have picked a better named joint for their party.

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

Its been awhile but I must confess the Nasty Nate persona was my greatest invention. It scared the living bejeebers out of a ton of bomber fans, especially the young white-haired albino Mennonite kid who ran the first bomber fan board (our bombers)
    Nasty Nate was the first fan in the history of CFL lore to be called out by a CFL GM (Lyle Bauer) and chased across the expanse of the old Winnipeg stadium. Even got the old bomber broadcaster Bob Irving (aka Knuckles) involved in the intrigue as he provided essential intel (ie. snitching) for Bauer and a few henchmen to escalate abuse activity on ol Nate - and of course making sure Nasty Nate and his alter ego Giant Gonzalez were banned from posting on all bomber forums (including the new mourning big blue)
    Even a longer run for Ol Nate than Lyle E Style had on riderfans before the ridiculous owners and racist mods at riderfans decided to be done with Lyle and a great poster named Area 51 (aka Rickey Foley's brother) who terrorized them for nearly 7 years.

#8 Bronko, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Tundra Mustang and Jayman like this.
  9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

just how long has it been since Edmonton and Ottawa faced each other in a grey cup? this album had just come out that year. the title track like most if not all of bronks' posts has no meaning per se but is as fun to listen to as it is to read said posts.

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Bomber breakfast this a.m. at MET Center - ex-bomber hobos Maggot "Mike" Kelly and Lord Lyle "Good Seats Still Available" Bauer in attendance but TSN1290 honored the unwritten media ban on those 2 so-called bum buddies. Kelly tried to manipulate his way to some needed air-time by kissing the now bald co-host Troy Westwood (aka Mr. 69%) on the forehead but host Matt "Bloody" Libel wouldn't bite. Only commented that Bauer and Kelly kinda had the same muggy musk smell in the a.m. (eau de pain in l'arse)

As predicted that 5'7", 310 lb. mega-troll known around these parts as Wadzilla (aka Wade Miller) was schmoozing up all who'd make eye contact with him - Wadzilla really went to work when his benefactor, Premier Groggy Selinger surfaced - something about another "loan"?

#10 Bronko, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  11. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Colin, is that you? ;)

TM

12. Bronko

Bronko Member

Colin was terrified as the dickens when Lyle threatened to sue Colin's site after some of my (and others) musings about the Mighty Lord.

13. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

1998 was supposed to be my first ever grey cup game but the cats put an end to that. back then I wanted to visit the peg if only thanks to this show that was based there at the time

I guess wearing dave Ritchie's 1998 als jacket at the game would be some sort of redemption.

14. Jayman

Jayman Member

Checked the stamps, sask and Atlantic schooners parties last evening. Actually saw the grey can at all three.
    The CFL sports tests at the U of w was probably most enjoyable although saying hello to hufnagel was up there!
    Old tired burnt out Bumbers (Catny??) drooling over bar maids was least enjoyable. Must be all those special team hits but saw a lot of baked alumni.
    Who's the main man @ The Stamps? Witnessed some guy pull up in limo and part the crowds to his reserved booth.. Uttered "Jesus Christ" but Stampsfan confirmed that's not him......

15. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not certain if that's who you are referring to, but Gord Norrie is the Stampeders' President (and he's also a member of this site).

TM

16. joe

joe Member

17. joe

joe Member

As a true Eskie fan, my two favorit team in the CFL are the Eskies & whoever beats calgry. Last Sunday when the Eskies played, &, of course, beat calgry was a day that'll make me happy for a long time. Reilly is kinda scary sometimes as he's blown many games for us, but if he shows up the saft, I'm confident the Eskies will prove they are #1 overall & beating up on has-been burris shud, of course, not be a problem. More than anything, I'm happy they proved they're better than calgry. Calgary media & fans seem to be a very arrogant lot, not realizing that there's more than one CFL team in Alberta. I'm not sorry I had to pour a little more salt in the wound of calgry (loser) fans.

GO ESKIES!!!

18. BBRT

BBRT Member

Yeah I guess that is who he is referring to. Did not ever know where Nasty finally landed. He pretty much has been banned everywhere else. I am only her a few times but was just looking around today. I remember you (Tundra Mustang) from the old Total-CFL days. Colin was there as Mookie if memory serves me correctly. Don't think Nasty ever posted there but not sure. Colin's site "OurBombers.com" have seen better days that's for sure but glad he is still giving it try.

Have to wonder how longer Morris will be on this site before everyone gets their fill of him.

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  19. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I now have a new nickname for nasty nate : 'del Griffith' from the movie planes trains and automobiles.

Me bronks and Jayman are having a nice discussion at the confusion corner bar and grill ( great spot and thanks for picking up the bill Jay) when it is decided Lyle e. Style should drive me to the super 8 east Winnipeg where I booked a room a year ago as neil page would have done.

Nate checks his phone to see how to get there only to see the words 'closed definitely' . A call there and we find out the place burned down last September 11.

I called booking.com this morning for a refund from my new digs at orchard park found at the last minute by the nasty one at about the same price.

Enjoyed doin' business with ya bronko. I didn't notice you had shower curtain rings in your stock lol.

20. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for posting, BBRT, and a belated welcome to this site.

I also remember you from the days of yore with the Total-CFL website! :D

You were a good poster over there. And, yes, Colin posted as Mookie on that site.

As for Bronks, I don't think he ever joined Total, but we first saw him when he joined our predecessor site, Go Stamps Go, a couple of years before it finally folded in 2012, and he's been with us as a longtime member and a valued contributor here at StampsFans since our own inception 3 and a half years ago.

As with any site, not everyone agrees all of the time with everything that is posted.

But as long as everyone follows the required etiquette and proper protocol on our site, all are welcome here.

Even Bronks! :p

TM