Grey Cup Champion

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Simple poll of who you think will take home the Cup.

Tags:
  2. Christoph

Christoph Member

It's way too early to tell, but the team with the most returning talent would be the defending champs, BC.

Obviously I think Calgary has a shot with all the weapons we have but it all depends on how things play out with Tate at QB and whether or not we finally discover a pass rush.

Calvillo could have on more championship left in the tank but his defense will have to be far better. He's not going to light it up forever.

Hamilton looks like they have a fantastic team and I expect a monster regular season out of them, but as we've learned the hard way with Burris, getting past the opening game of the playoffs is the real challenge for him. I expect a great regular season followed by an early exit.

Toronto looks to have a pretty solid team too. If Milanovich can get something more out of Ray on a consistent basis they could really have something there, but too often Ray goes whole games being as damn near invisible as a QB can possibly be. How does that even happen?

Even Edmonton has a chance. Say what you will about Tillman but he has built a championship worthy team everywhere but at the most pivotal position, QB. If someone emerges they could surprise.

The only two teams I see with little to no chance are they 'Riders (yay back to the basement where they belong! ;)) and the Blue Bombers. Sorry Nate.

I ended up voting BC because last year I thought they and their QB were still a year away. Well, now they have a championship under their belt, their QB has an MVP, they're returning largely intact, and we're only now entering the year when I thought they'd emerge. I see no reason why they won't be better than they were a year ago. Obviously it's tough to repeat but I don't see how the experience of winning hurts their chances of winning again. To the contrary...

3. Rusty

Rusty Member

Gotta go with the Stamps. My wife is a Cats fan and I still think Burris has a few good years in him. I say it will be Calgary over the Cats 33-30 for the cup this year.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

BC lost a few players in the off season so they may not be as strong as last year... Tough to make predictions without seeing the teams at least once.

5. Christoph

Christoph Member

Losing players is business as usual for Wally. Has anyone ever lost more great players than he has either to the NFL or just flat out cut because he thought he had someone younger and better?

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

Have to agree with Christoph re: Bombers. Our guys are in tough this year but I don't think we're going to be league patsies or the free spot on the bingo card. We'll be a true test for most teams and we'll hang in with the best. However, a patsy o-line is the kryptonite which exposes the entire team to losing. Playing a canuck MLB might be short-term experiment if the results aren't adequate. WIthout a decent o-line our QB depth will be tested by getting planted too many times.

If only two teams don't make playoffs then the Bombers certainly have to be favoured as one of them. Not so sure what the other team might be but the contest will be between Tilman's nomads, Sask'n & Toronto. See a bomber record somewhere between 4-14 & 7-11.

7. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Hamilton.

Looks to me like they're building something special there.

At least on the field.

'Cause after the season they're apparently not gonna have anywhere to house the trophy they'll try to win...:p

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

so much for that ;)

9. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Almost as silly as voting for SK. :cool:

10. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't know what came over me. Feel free to razz once they're gone ;)

In the meantime I wonder who the 'other' hamilton fan was. :p

11. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

There are actually 2 other Hamilton fans, TM didn't even vote.

I don't know who they are though, but we better get Rids of them in a Flash.

12. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

well 'whoever' they are, they should get 2 points off their pick 'em standings. :D

13. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice try, deuvl, but (as Madman says) I didn't even officially vote.

I could tell you which two site members picked Hamilton, but then I'd have to kill you :p, so for your sake I won't! :D

I hope you also noted that my endorsement of what they were "building" in Hamilton was made some 4 and and a half months ago in the middle of exhibition season, without knowing they would decide in Steeltown that they didn't need to field the other half of the team when Burris and the offence weren't on the playing pitch...;)

TM

14. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I've already died twice. no biggie.

15. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Alright then, deuv, you've convinced me...I will kill you after all...:p

But I still won't tell you...they'll have to 'out' themselves....;)

TM

16. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

you got me TM, I'm stumped.

17. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

So, yer sayin' you can read code, then....:p

TM