Hawthorne Has Big Night In Rookie Debut

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

HAWTHORNE HAS BIG NIGHT IN ROOKIE DEBUT
    from Stampeders.com

Friday night was going to be a big night for Calgary Stampeders rookie Tim Hawthorne.

The wide receiver from Alabama was going to be playing his first-ever CFL game and his family and girlfriend wanted to experience it with him.

They couldn’t make the trip north, so they wanted to figure out a way to watch it whatever way possible.

“I’m telling you now, my mom and my dad and my girl, they are so mad right now because it was not on TV and it was not livestreamed,” Hawthorne said. “They’ve been calling me, I’ve got about 50 text messages, 50 calls asking when the game is and where can they watch it.

“Unfortunately, they weren’t able to do it.”

It turned out to be a game they definitely wished they could have watched.

With a chance to separate himself from the rest of the receiving corps, the 25-year-old led the Stampeders with 70 yards on three receptions Friday night in the pre-season game against the BC Lions.

Read more: http://stampeders.com/article/hawthorne-has-big-night-in-rookie-debut

2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Calgary Stampeders receiver Tim Hawthorne pleased to play
    Scott Mitchell, Calgarysun.com

Through the rain, fans caught their first glimpse of Tim Hawthorne.

Back in Alabama, they'll have to take the Calgary Stampeders rookie receiver's word for it.

“I'm telling you now, my mom and my dad and my girl are so mad right now because it was not on TV and it was not live-streaming,” said Hawthorne, a native of Birmingham. “I've got 50 text messages and 50 calls from them asking (what happened).”

If they were able to watch, they would have seen the 6-foot-3, 218-pounder haul in three balls for 70 yards in his CFL pre-season debut.

Read more: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/15/calgary-stampeders-receiver-tim-hawthorne-pleased-to-play