Heading home to Calgary

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Rusty, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Rusty

Rusty Member

It is now official. The sign is up on my Winnipeg home and our home is for sale. After 24 years in the CF it is time to start my new career. I am very excited but also a little scared. I graduated high school 24 years ago and Mom told me to get a job. I was lucky enough to find the CF and it has been a great ride ever since. I have completed 4 overseas tours to Bosnia, 2 to Afghanistan and did the winter Olympics. I have been away for over 3 years of my youngest daughters 7 years. I look forward to being home and always with my family but I am leaving a military family where I know people would die for me without a second thought. I think the change will be good but what to wear every day now? :p. I look forward to seeing some of you guys at the stadium soon, I will finally get my Stamps season tickets again. Watch out civilian world, here I come. :huh: see you guys soon. 1 Nov arrival date in Sundre. I will be looking for a Remembrance day ceremony when I get there. Any suggestions? Good bye Winnipeg, it's been a slice.

Russ

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow, I'm sure that is a very big change for you and your family. That is an amazing amount of time serving our country both here and abroad - thanks very much for your service.

Are you moving to a new job in Sundre?

3. Rusty

Rusty Member

I do have a new job. I will be the OHS rep for Capital Pressure. Looking forward to the change.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Welcome back, Hope every new challenge you face is done with zeal & excitement. The only commanding officer you'll have now is your wife. ;)

5. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

...and his 3 daughters! :D

Enjoy the mustering out bash the guys have got planned for you in the 'peg, Russ...

Wish I could get there for it! :D

TM

6. Rusty

Rusty Member

Tell ya what TM. You make a business trip out of it and I buy you all the drinks you can handle, meal of your choice and I will put you up in our home. Your wife is more then welcome also. If not, we will have to set up something in Alta. :cool:

7. Rusty

Rusty Member

Well, the house is on the market now. Viewing suppose to start tomorrow. Imagine my surprise when I was just told 20 min ago that I had to get the hell out now!!!! LOL. So it begins. I hope it sells quick so we can get to Alta. I will give the MLS # so you guys can take a look. Maybe we can do a pool to see if we are going to make or lose. Go Stamps Go.