Hello and Welcome to All New Members. Feel Free to Introduce Yourselves Here

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Christoph, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

Hello and Welcome to all our new members.

My name is Chris and I'm proud to welcome you to our little baby. Madman has designed a wonderful playground for all of us CFL fans to play in.

We gladly welcome fans of all teams and the fresh points of view they bring with them.

We feel we have a lot to offer. Our Administrator, Madman, is very hands on and is actively working to improve the site. I have no doubts he will keep this ship sailing smoothly through anything.

On our staff we boast a coach, a lawyer (so don't step out of line!), and even a pro scout; thus I believe we are perfectly positioned to provide you with perspective you won't find anywhere else.

Most importantly though, we have you!

We are dedicated to bringing you all your Stampeders news in one place and to facilitating respectful, thought provoking discussion.

Thank you for joining us on this adventure, and please feel free to introduce yourselves below.

-Chris

P.S. Yes I'm ready for some football. Are you?

Tags:
  2. Flash

Flash Member

Nobody else has posted here so I'll get the ball rolling. The name is Doug or on several sports forums it's Dougie. Ex-Pat Canadian down in the States for work. Came down for school and just stayed.

When I'm not working or sleeping I'm occassionally sitting on Rids' sofa which is why I'm on this board.

3. Christoph

Christoph Member

LOL! And how is that sofa treating you?

4. Flash

Flash Member

Well the guy is a real jerk but there's always a game on and since he doesn't drink I get all the beer.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Belated welcome to Stampsfans.com, Flash!! Don't be shy...

6. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Hello my name is Frank and I came over from the old Stamps site and looking forward to the 2012 season. Really enjoy reading all the threads and what fellow fans are posting.

7. Christoph

Christoph Member

Hey Frank. Welcome aboard! I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg. Things are going to get a lot more fun on here come this weekend!

8. Christoph

Christoph Member

He must be a jerk if he's making you sleep on his sofa! ;)

He doesn't drink eh? Well if all you guys have around is beer, I can't say I blame him. Come on mix it up a little!

9. Rids

Rids Member

Hey Frank!

Welcome to the board here.

10. Flash

Flash Member

See! What a jerk he welcomes others but if I'm not on the sofa he won't reply to me on here.

11. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Rids, I gather you can mollify Flash by walking over a few feet, and just saying "hi" to him as he sits on your couch. (Don't say "welcome" or he'll probably be inclined to stay even longer...:p)

And while you're at it, say "hi' for me, too! ;)

TM

12. Christoph

Christoph Member

How dare he! You should show him who's boss and start sleeping on the coffee table.

13. Rids

Rids Member

What a guy.

This Friday night we're bringing in a few extra bodies to watch some CFL ball on ESPN3. Looking forward to it!

14. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Seat them all on Flash's bed on the couch...;)

TM

15. Rids

Rids Member

Since I haven't introduced myself here yet I thought I'd use this as part of my new "who am I?" info.

http://lookbeforeyouleap-selfemployment ... idley.html

I'm Rids on a ton of message boards, I run my own business poorly and I'm married to a country music singer. Living it up in Nashville, Tennessee while shooting for the stars.

16. Christoph

Christoph Member

Awesome article Rids. You speak wise words my friend, words to live by. I hope you keep on winning the day! ;)

17. K_O_cowtown

K_O_cowtown StampsFans' Luchador & Moderator
    Staff Member

I might as well jump in here.

My friends call me K.O. I've followed the Bomber's my whole life and have many fond memories of freezing my ass off at Western Final games at the old Winnipeg Stadium.

I've lived in Calgary for 15 years so have adopted the Stampeder's as my fav team (as long as they're not playing the Bombers) and the day the Jets returned to the NHL was the third best day of my life (preceded by my wedding and birth of my daughter).

I don't post much but I like seeing what other folks have to say, so I visit the site often.

With that all said and done, Go Stamps Go!!!

18. iso_55

iso_55 Member

We former Winnipeggers have to stick together!! Were you emotional watching the Jets skate onto the ice at the MTS Centre when they opened the season last October against the Canadiens? I was.

19. K_O_cowtown

K_O_cowtown StampsFans' Luchador & Moderator
    Staff Member

It sure was a memorable moment.

Managed to catch the Jets playing the Canucks in Vancouver with my brother. I swear there were more Jets fans than Canuck fans there. Even though they lost it was a fabulous game. As one Vancouverite put it, the Jets are everyone's favourite "2nd" team.

20. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Where did you grow up in Winnipeg? I grew up in Riverview & went to Churchill High. Moved out here in 1990 & like you the Stamps became my adopted team over the years. Still a very big soft spot for the Bombers as I was a Bomber season ticket holder from 1974 to 1990. Started following the CFL in 1965 when I was 10. Man, suffered thru some brutal years as a young fan during the Joe Zaleski years... but I never gave up on the Big Blue!! Over the years, I have seen some great players play at both Winnipeg Stadium (Hate the name Canad Inns -bleh) & at McMahon Stadium. Dave Raimey, Ken Nielsen, Dieter Brock, Tom Clements, Willard Reaves, James Murphy, Joe Poplawski, Rod Hill, Ty Jones, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Dave Dickenson, Allen Pitts, Alondra Johnson & a lot of other great guys on both teams.
    Miss Grand Beach & the BDI in Winnipeg. And funny enough, Chicken Delight. Whenever I go back to Winnipeg, I always make sure I stop in to the Chocken Delight restaurant on Pembina Hwy & order some chicken!!