Here we go boys, time to fish or cut bait!

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by AllSportsCalgary, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Jumpin' Jones (Khari) starting to get his sea legs as a legit CFL coach.
    Dave Dick pooped his panties a bit today!
    BL Mitch was 1st Half Bo today!

2. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Well for the Stamps if they have any asperations of first place in the West they better show up next Friday night. When only one out of the three phases of the game actually plays well, not good enough. Right now this team is nowhere close to being championship calibre. Thank goodness that the Bombers are reeling.
    Personally I'm more intrigued to see if the Lions can overtake the Eskimos for the crossover spot. I think both the Ticats and the Riders are the two best team in the league right now.
    The biggest question I have is if Hufnagel going to make any moves at or before the trade deadline?

3. AllSportsCalgary

I was just thinking this very thing - win on Friday, and it is likely first place, and bye into the western final. Riders win, and home play off game is the semi.

4. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

It’s like the stamps ran hot and cold today.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

You should thank your lucky stars they don't stink out the joint like the Bombers!

Stamps & Riders will fight it out for 1st in West and the home playoff western final.

Winnipeg look like the proverbial designated dead ducks - they'll either fall to 3rd in West or take a total dump, go winless down the stretch and take their final trip to a lynching vs. the Als in the Crossover game.

Esks need to win out to have a chance at 3rd in west. If Bombers completely shat the bed and lose out - Esks still need to win 2 of their final 4 matches to create a tie for 3rd in West.

Stamps have 2 games left vs. Bombers (home & home) and even if Bo Levi is not spot on - he shouldn't have much problems laying a licking on the carcass formely known as the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

6. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks to all of you who stepped up and carried yesterday's game thread.

I've had a very difficult last couple of weeks and could not participate in it as I would ordinarily have been inclined to do.

Kickoff yesterday afternoon coincided with my delivery of the eulogy at my mother's memorial service here in Edmonton.

I had forgotten about the game, and had not bothered to look at any scoring updates about it, but late last night, after much of my extended family had departed for their return to Calgary and the west coast, and looking for a temporary distraction from what my immediate family and I have been dealing with of late, I had an opportunity to scan through the automated recording of it which took me about an hour to go through.

I wish I had not bothered.

I could have looked for something else to act as as a diversion.

That's an hour of my life I now can't get back.

Just like my mother.

TM

7. Lethbridge_born

I'm sorry about your loss, Tundra Mustang. And I'm sorry The Boys didn't offer any solace last night.

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  8. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

My condolences Tundra.

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my Dad’s passing.
    I remember it wasn’t until the West Final where I became invested emotionally in the Stamps.
    There aren’t too many good distractions when you lose someone close.

9. AllSportsCalgary

condolences

10. Jason Newlin

Jason Newlin Member

Very sorry to hear that Tundra: It’s
    always hard when a loved one passes.
    Hopefully, the stampeders turn it around next weekend.

11. strujas

strujas Member

My condolences Tundra.

12. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Really sorry to hear that TM.

13. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks everyone.

I really appreciate the expressions of condolence received from each of you.

I have to say it's truly been a trial, with emotion sometimes arising from unexpected places.

TM

14. Bronko

Bronko Member

Sincere condolences Terry - I know what it was like with my mom several years ago - and of course, you are uniquely aware of my post-loss travails.

Pro sports is a great distraction from real life events.
    I find comedy in the angst of local sports fans tied deeply to their teams - and players.

The Edmonton blooper reel is most interesting - can The Hatman (Reilly) reel in his former team at the wire - and set themselves up as a legit crossover team? BC on a roll vs. Khari Jones' Als could be a real playoff tussle.

The Bombers, going with only 2 QBs (one of them not having taken a snap this season) and the other a 2nd year greenhorn with a disasterous approach to reading secondaries sets up the Bombers as the CFL's most vulnerable playoff bound squad.

Edmonton really needs to be playing Winnipeg, Ottawa or Toronto in one of their final outings. They're not. Hence their vulnerability.

15. Bronko

Bronko Member

BC playing Edmonton is the game of the week imho this weekend. Looking at standings - BC needs a win in Edmonton to have a really good chance of nabbing the crossover - and heading to Montreal.

Edmonton is reeling, almost as badly as Winnipeg.

And the funny thing - if BC upends the Esks, the Esks could win one more game and still end up in the 5th place trash heap in West. HOW? Both Edmonton & BC could end up 8-8. If season series favors BC they get the playoff spot.