How Much Do You Think The City Spends On "Parks and Arenas" Per Year?

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Stamps Rule, May 15, 2012.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

What is Nenshi really saying with this:

I'm sure that when HAWCS hits the skies they are likely multi-tasking like crazy and some of that will be observation on areas that have multiple offenses during a regular 24 hours. Sure I guess they could pump the tires a bit more and brag about using HAWCS to track a stolen car

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I don't believe that the cops have to be accountable to citizens everytime they are in the air with HAWCS doing their jobs. That would be akin to somebody coming up to the cops at a police scene & saying, "What's up?" Other than the police presence, it is none of our business.
    The one thing I don't like is if there was a bad accident, a thoroughfare like Deerfoot Trail or Memorial Drive is closed down for 8 hours causing traffic chaos. There has to be a better way to investigate.
    As far as Parks & Rec goes, for $630 million, build a new 50,000 seat stadium for the Stamps with a retractable roof downtown. For years, Shouldice Park was a rundown piece of crap until some concerned citizens did something about it... Makes no sense.

4. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I just can't believe that they spend that kind of money on parks.

5. Rids

Rids Member

That's what $630 per person in the city? I'm guessing a ton goes to the upkeep of all the green space.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

It does sound insane doesn't it? Considering the condition of some of our recreational facilities which can be considered a joke. Too much money put into places like COP for Oly sports & not enough into kids sports. As well as the facilities for sports at the grassroots level.