I'll say it - not a big fan of the changes.

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Stamps Rule, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I appreciate the effort that everyone who runs the place obviously puts into it, but the latest changes are....not good.

If you're going to leave it like this, that's fine, I'll adapt; but please don't change things around just for the sake of change. Facebook changes things around pretty frequently and it frankly drives me nuts. They move buttons and change colours and do this an that; and next thing you know, nothing is where it was and it's a gong show trying to find anything.

Don't be the Facebook of CFL forums, please.

Tags:
  2. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

See, this is what I mean.

Now I have to re-load my avatar. Is it a major pain in the ass? No, but when you combine that with the fact that I had to reset my password to login after the changes, now it's a pissoff.

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback SR - I totally understand what you are saying in regards to the change, trust me when I say it was a very tough decision for me to make.

But the short term pain in moving to this new format is really going to pay off in my opinion.

This new format is much more interactive, social, modern and allows us to have great features like the User Albums and Events and will grow with us a lot easier.

It's only day 1, it'll feel like home again in no time. :)

4. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, avatars were somehow lost in the transfer - my apologies.

But just think, now you get to pick a new one! (ok, not really that great of a deal)

5. pizmo

pizmo Member

I don't mind the changes at all since now it seems that I don't have to log in every time. Only problem seems to be that Bronco is still here.:p To the staff here, I wouldn't spend too much worrying about complaints from someone who frequents facebook....:p:D

Rids likes this.
  6. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Haha, yeah - he seems to follow us and we just can't shake him. :D

7. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time; it's just that there's too damn much going on.

Most forums I frequent are pretty simple - a text box, some generic smilies and a submit button. I'm not a big fan of all of the la-te-da, if you know what I mean.

8. Christoph

Christoph Member

I do know what you mean actually. Most forums out there are immediately familiar to people who frequent message boards because they're all so similar. This one now brings a little more pizazz. It's a lot more modern.

Madman is just in the middle of getting it off the ground and there are a lot of exciting possibilities. The old software was like a 4-cylinder engine. Madman had already thrown a turbocharger on it and maxed it out to it's full potential. There was nothing left to milk out of it and hence very little room to grow.

This new software is like a V12. It's got more power and more capabilities right out of the box. That means that there is a huge amount of still untapped potential. I for one am excited to see what Madman can do with it.

While some sites are left to try to milk whatever they can out of aging software, we fortunate to be set for the long-term future. That means that once you get used to it it will be smooth sailing for the long haul, with only subtle but exciting improvements along the way.

Madman likes this.