Impact of Tate injury on Bombers

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Prolly little or none.

Its widely rumoured in Wpg. Joe Joe Mack made some inquiries to Cal. mgmt about future availability of K Glenn via trade.

Mack is under intense pressure/scrutiny in Wpg to not have another drowsy off-season, where he just loses guys and doesn't pursue any free agents.

According to a couple Wpg reporters, the stamps said any discussion about Glenn would start (but probably not finish) with Chris Matthews.

Now with Tate showing a propensity to Buck Pierce like recklessness I suspect any trade talks won't occur until Tate is back on the field, in full gear and throwing/moving 100%.

In fact, if Tate has a slow recovery from his "injuries" I supsect the Stamps might even get involved in the 'Mike Reilly Sweepstakes', joining the Bombers and others in the scramble to upgrade a potential combo of 34 yr old Glenn and BL Mitchell.

Any time more than 1 team is pursuing a free agent is totally bad news for Jo Jo BloBag....as the Bombers are now seen as a the last possible destination place for FA's, even with high money offers.

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Glenn's not going anywhere. After today, I just can't see the guy being moved until BLM shows he can do the job.