Import Rookies

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Two import rookies that will make a splash this year are Yamon Figurs in Edmonton and Noel Devine in Montreal.

Figurs will be a dangerous return man for the Green and Gold.

Devine will make Als fans forget about Cobourne and likely gives Whitaker a challenge in practice every week.

A week away from pre-season kicking off. Lay down your predictions here.

Tags:
  2. Christoph

Christoph Member

Is this thread specifically for predictions about import rookies, or can we included non-import rookies and veterans in this? If so, my first prediction would be that Jon Cornish will become the first Canadian in 24 years to lead the CFL in rushing.

Sticking with the import rookie theme though, I predict that Maurice Price will make a strong push for the starting job of one of our aging import receivers, likely Romby Bryant. I expect either Bryant or Ken-Yon Rambo will be following Burris and Reynolds out the door, especially with a Drew Tate favorite Landon Talley appearing to be on the cusp as well. In my opinion either Talley or Price will emerge as a starter in 2012.

3. Rids

Rids Member

I was thinking just straight imported rookies this time around.

There's another thread kicking around for non-imports but I think that discussion will kick into high gear next week when the cuts happen.

Steptoe was released up in Edmonton today so there's another potential impact kid that did well early but an injury cut his camp short.

4. Christoph

Christoph Member

Steptoe? Lol.

How's Fingerpunch doing?