Injuries (the reality)

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Bomber injuries are my focus today.
    I remember when Andre Douglas fell on his hip at training camp. Plop laughed it off and said Douglas would be back at LT within a day or two. Its now about four weeks and Douglas is still being held back.

Same with Glen January - although he fought thru his injuries to come back and co-host the Doug Brown radio show, actually started last game. But his initial injury wasnt expected to last more than a week or 2

Marcellus Bowman, our excellent OLB was injured. First assess was four or five days - he's now into a full month with maybe plastered all over his player card.

Garrett got injured legit. Last run thru at camp. Blew his Achilles. Bombers didn't fudge that one, give 'em credit.

Cory Watson is still on the long mend. They need his agility and canuck citizienship. Going on 3 to 4 weeks.

Pierce, unexplainable managed to pick himself off the ground and get back to game action. Even put in a nice mediocre performance.

The only good thing about injuries is our Coach Plop knows how to dance them kindly. Stating that injuries are hurting his flow......good call coach. When you run out of explanations for Gary Crowton's garbage offense you've got the last vestige of every coach known to man.

Little Suberman also got nicked up something fierce vs. the Als. No report on his progress (or lack thereof)

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

So what are ya sayin', Bronks?

You don't believe Plop went to medical school? ;)

TM

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

I'm always amazed at how optimistic teams are when injuries first occur, and how that optimism soon morphs into gloom when the reality of the problem slowly reveals itself.

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Bombers have some things going for them. Edmonton is playing friday on only 5 days rest versus 8 for winnipeg and then they will play toronto on a Wednesday night with the argos having only 4 days to prepare although the peg will only have 5. Only in the CFL and then you wonder why there's so many injuries.

Tomorrow 3-6PM at the Co-op gas bar in charleswood (3425 Roblin blvd) Buck Pierce will be signing autographs and promoting his new self named Buck's BBQ chips. Danny's whole and BBQ steakhouse will also be on location selling pork on a bun for 5 dollars with proceeds going to the Manitoba Children's Hospital Foundation. The BBQ chips sales also go towards that charity.

They must be pretty tough chips. :p

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

I hear the chips are 'brittle' - the dip is tough as nails!!!

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

so it looks like even AC is a little brittle approaching 40. We'll wait and see tomorrow.

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

You are our Montreal & Eastern Conference correspondent (except Winnipeg, of course for obvious reasons ;) ) so let us know about AC.

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Guess you can start calling me Michael Whalen. And did I sense a little joy out west and in Kingston right about now? ;)

we'll know more after tomorrow's practice. it's a bruise for now and it was sore this morning. Adrain McP took all the reps this morning.

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

Tex-Mex (AC) is one tough studly. Unless he's concussed our breaks a limb he won't miss more than a couple games all season - and if Trestman is smart he'll pull AC when the team is up or down big scores. I suspect Antony is hellbent on breaking some more league records; thats why he's playing! Of course, I could give you another $400,000 reasons, too!

10. iso_55

iso_55 Member

So, deuvl... Michael Whalen is pretty good but I'd prefer you be the Red Fisher or Red Storey of this site... Heb Zurkowsky is pretty good too. You got 4 choices. You tell me who you want to be... ;)

11. Rids

Rids Member

Bowman in Edmonton torn his ACL and MCL. Gone for the year.

12. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

red fisher's retired bless his heart. herb is too curmudgeonly (it's a word. look it up). Red Storey is a legend. I like Jock Climie, Mr. Velcro as I used to call him.

13. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Then you are a Jock Strap, deuvl. ;)

14. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

That'll do nicely.

15. Bronko

Bronko Member

In Wpg they're referred to as 'Jock-Sniffers'

Thats how Butchko started!

16. deuvl