Stampeders.com Introducing Mace's Faces

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

INTRODUCING MACE'S FACES
    from Stampeders.com

The Calgary Stampeder Football Club and MEG Energy are proud to support defensive lineman Corey Mace as he launches Mace’s Faces.

Through this program, 15 clients from Enviros — a Calgary-based not-for-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of family life in Alberta — will be the special guests of Mace at every Stampeders home game in 2013 including this Friday’s pre-season opener against the BC Lions.

“I’ve worked with Enviros, I firmly believe in the work they do with youth and their families and I’m very excited to get this program started,” said Mace, a four-year member of the Stampeders. “From my work as an Enviros counselor, I know how much it would mean for them to get a chance to attend a Stampeders game and I’m just as excited to have them there.

Read more: http://stampeders.com/article/introducing-maces-faces

2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Mace gives back to the kids by inviting a few lucky ones to every Stamps home game
    Defensive tackle inspired after working with high-risk youth as a part-time job
    Kristen Odland, Calgaryherald.com

With younger siblings of his own, Corey Mace comes by the big-brother role naturally.

So, in the off-season, when the Calgary Stampeders defensive tackle took a part-time job working for Enviros — a group home and non-profit organization dealing with high-risk youth — he gladly played the part.

“I do all the fun sports stuff,” said the 27-year-old Vancouver, B.C., native. “But when things get out of hand, I have to let them know: ‘Hey. It’s a little bit too much right now.’

“That’s the way I look at it.”

And, originally, he’d set out just to obtain some work experience pertaining to his criminal justice degree.

But then he got to thinking.

So, he came up with Mace’s Faces: a program inviting 15 kids as his special guests to every Stampeders home game in 2013 including this Friday’s pre-season opener against the B.C. Lions.

The kids receive a game ticket, cap, T-shirt, and an opportunity to visit with Mace and snag autographs after the game.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...Corey+Mace+gives+back+kids/8517775/story.html

3. kkpfrase

kkpfrase Member

This is a great idea! Not only is he working with them in the off season, but what a great way to show he cares about them even though he's not dedicating his time there right now. I am sure that will go along way for some of those kids.