Is Plop Poised to return to head-coaching?

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Hearing about the pathetic performance of George Corstanza (Cortez) in Hamilton (3-7) I suspect talks are at least underway about replacing Coaching Victim #2 (Cortez) with Coaching Victim #1 (Plop)...

Will it happen? Perhaps.

Billionaire Boob Young and GM O'Billovich can't be happy about whats happening in Ham-ville. They've got Burris, that great new running back and Gizmo Williams, Jr. (Chris Williams). Cortez might not be the best fit for this team. Who knows if Plop is?

Besides, whats in it for Plop? He takes the Hammy job and he just replaces one game-cheque with another as I don't think Hamilton would offer him more than Wpg, nor would they give him anything more than a 2 year contract.

He'd have to move his young family out to southern ontario, take on a team thats got some questionable personnel, etc.

There's other guys who could be plugged into the Hamilton situation without such uproot. Greg Marshall, Sgt. Slaughter version comes to mind. It might be too early for Mike Kelly to make his CFL return.

Or the deal could simply be this. We might still make the playoffs and get hot. ALl we have to do is stay ahead of Wpg. and make sure we finish equal to the western crossover challenge.

Tough spot for Bob Young. WOuldn't want to make this decision.

However, if Young pulls the pin on Costanza, I wouldn't be surprised if Lapolice takes the job on an interim basis, leaving his family in Wpg and just taking the reins for two months or last 8 games of season.

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Still in mourning are we? Maybe an urn of ashes from his playbook would help ease the pain.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

He had a playbook?

4. Szarka_Rules

Szarka_Rules Member

Don't know if he'll be a head coach but certainly an OC.

I would welcome him back to Saskatchewan with open arms. He had that offense humming in 2009.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah too bad Kavis threw a wrench in it in the final game. :D

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

My bad :p

7. Szarka_Rules

Szarka_Rules Member

Ha, no kidding.

That said, and as frustrating as it was, the defense blew a 16 point lead. There were multiple guilty parties that day. Kavis and the S/T unit is just the most glaring.

Lapo guided Durant to the west division MOP nominee that year so I'd be interested to see what this current squad could do with a guy with more credentials than Dyce.

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I wish I were. 10 points in the second half and a big INT to Brown. Looked like that engine was running out of gas.