Jets D Tobias Enstrom Signs

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by iso_55, Jul 28, 2012.

1. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Some are saying our hardest working defenseman. Signed a 5 year, $28.5 million dollar contract with the Winnipeg Jets. Story goes he wanted to get a deal done & stay in Winnipeg. Now, with Pavlec signed, Enstrom & (hopefully) Kane soon the Jets are getting the young core of the team into longer term deals with plenty of cap room left.
    These signings are sure putting to rest the stories that no one would want to play in Winnipeg. Word is getting out that it is a great place to play hockey.

Tags:
  2. Christoph

Christoph Member

Ah but does it put to rest the notion that only nobodies would want to play in Winnipeg? :p :p :p

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

The Jets are getting their core signed. Apparently Kane is pretty close. The thing is, they still have a lot of room under the cap so I think as time goes by we'll see this team add pieces to the puzzle & only get better. At least, I hope so anyway. I look at the Flames now. Nearly capped out & an old hockey team compared to Winnipeg. Clearly, the 2 organizations are going about building a winner totally different... See how things shake out in a year or two for both teams.