Joe Mack's Days Numbered?

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

The Winnipeg Free Press has formed a hangin' posse, with a relentlessly pursuing the scalp of Drowsy Joe.

1/3 of the way into the season

2 and 2/3 years left on Mack's contract (same with Plop) and the birds of prey have honed in on GM Mack. Here's the article:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports ... 49916.html

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

the price of winning a championship, albeit a regional one.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

When ya average 2.5 first quarter points - them is PLOP POINTS.....

Bombers have a PIG 'n PLOP offense

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

more like PLOP-PLOP-PLOP-PIG if we look at each quarter.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

If you visit ourbombers, most posters there get their hackles up if any criticism of Joe Mack is given. Especially by the Winnipeg media. Personally, I don't understand the love for Mack over there along with the consensus there that he is some kind of great GM as his record is basically one win for every 2 losses. To me, he's been an epic fail in chazrge of the Bombers on field product. As a Bomber fan, I expected a lot more from the guy. Especially in his third year. He's also setting up Paul LaPolice as the fall guy to cover his ass. LaPo will be the sacrificial lamb to save Mack's rear end... I mean, you can see it coming just like you can see another Bomber loss in the future. It's plain as the nose of your face.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

Keep in mind Al the bomber board is comprised evenly between jock sniffers and knife 'n forkers. They'll agree with whatever Joe Mack tells them when the time comes to replace Paul.

If he is replaced Paul probably hopes its right after this season is over, whether the bombers are 1-17 or 4-14 and he'll get another two years worth of cheques - like Kelly & Berry did before him. He might not even coach for a year - with a grand payoff like the Bombers will yield him.

The guy is not a media guy - he stutters too much and isn't very assertive so he'll have to find a job in assistant coaching once the cheques come to their end run
    But Mack has supplied Plop with the bad assortment of players. No question. Too many rookies, too many greenies at important spots (QB, MLB, OT, Ctr). The shoe-shiners at the bomber web sites just like to fluff up Mack cuz it shows they're going against the public grain. I wouldn't take them seriously cause many of them are pretty impaired.

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Still gotta wonder. I mean the Bombers aren't even close to being a good team.