John Hufnagel, 7.05 pm MT, CHQR Radio

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Mark Stephen, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Mark Stephen

Mark Stephen New Member

John Hufnagel joins CHQR Radio at 7.05 pm MT

Join us at

403 974 8255
    1 800 563 7770

twitter @qr77

text 770 770

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

You guys are taking questions via text? That's a cool feature.

3. Mark Stephen

Mark Stephen New Member

By all means text us....we understand that some people can't stay on hold or just don't to call the station.....it doesn't mean they aren't Stamps fans...so text away, if it suits you!

4. Liske

Liske Member

Did anyone catch the Huf interview?

I missed it and there is a problem with the audio vault.

5. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Was only able to catch the last 5 minutes unfortunately - was hoping to use the Audio Vault as well. (Damn Olympic restrictions do not allow them to use it during the Games for some reason)

- Changes will be made
    - Anthony Parker is right there, but has to wait his turn
    - Need to use Forzanni's speed
    - Doesn't like the schedule, (3 games in 12 days and the break this early in the season)
    - Going fishing tomorrow

Sorry, not much there.

Jock and Mark both made mention of the emotion that Coach Huff had at the beginning of the interview.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Never discussed Cornish. I'd have liked to get Huff's take on the comments he made & if he spoke with him about them. You can sure tell Coach isn't happy.

7. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

What exactly does this mean? Are the Stamps running a seniority system or are players getting on the field on merit? If he's right there maybe he should get a chance to show he can produce more than the so far underachieving group of receivers.

8. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

I hear ya - A caller asked specifically about Parker and I think he was getting at exactly what you are getting at.

Huff simply stated that AP will need to "wait his turn", but he is very impressed with him and has no doubt he will be a very good receiver for the Stamps for a long time to come.

Now, whether this all means that Huff doesn't think he is quite good enough yet or if he is playing his veterans first....I don't know.

9. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

Huff kind of does things differently from conventional football wisdom. In the NFL and at least under Wally Buono as soon as a young player was at or near the level of a vet the vet is sent packing in favor of the lesser expensive younger player with more upside. It seems with Huff veterans play not matter what and until it's panfully evident to everyone including the fans they are struggling then he reluctantly cuts them lose.

He also treats free agency different in that he lets pretty well most of his top UFA's leave and rarely dips into the market trying to sign other teams top UFA players.

All I know for sure is that this team is much less talented than the team that was here when he was brought in. This team needs in infusion of talent on offense and defense.

10. iso_55

iso_55 Member

He's not a Forzani or live in Cochrane... or Taber. Seems some players with certain names or live in certain towns get preferential treatment sometimes. Or so it seems. In all fairness to Forzani, the kid has talent.... He just has to be more focused as Nik Lewis said.

11. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Oh & Forzani can't go on twitter on Sunday morning & tell his fanbase to go **** themselves.

12. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

He can run routes and get open. That we know for sure. We also know that he has the hands of a DB. It's not just this year as even last year which was kind of a break out for him he had those easy, wide open receptions in the end zone where he would still bobble them. Catching the ball is one of those things that either comes naturally or you don't have it and Forzani simply doesn't look comfortable bringing in the ball. He reminds me a bit of Kamau Incompleterson. He didn't start actually catching the ball until his 4th team (Eskimos) and really had one good year before reverting back to the dropsies. He just wasn't a natural pass catcher.