Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, May 24, 2012.
Today @ 3:25 - Coach Huff joins the FAN960 crew.
Will post highlights.
Recap of the interview:
- Very excited
- This training camp a little more intriguing with all the changes
- Very sure new young players will create severe competition
- Always change in the league, but this year's change is a little different
- Great amount of confidence in Drew
- Blessed to have the opportunity to hire Rick, (was right up there in the original interviews)
- Hired Dave first because he likes to hire from within
- Drew has always been very productive whenever he has been on the field
- QB has to be very competitive to be successful - Drew has that
- Had to have a veteran QB as part of the Burris trade
- Cornish had an exceptional year last year
- A very strong, powerful and fast RB
- Reads defense well and ability to take it outside
- Very much surprised at the production Cornish had
- Coker will be in the lineup, unsure of rotation, but there will be a rotation at RB
- Coker very explosive - have to be able to use his skills
- Ameet Pall is an outstanding individual
- Pall is undersized, but never quits
- Bring as much competition to DL and LB to camp
- LB play was subpar last year - not because of players - devastated by injuries
- Lobendahn still has to pass physical, but will add great competition
- Hughes is the key to the DL
- Hughes Needs to be able to rush the passer
- Hopes to see lots of fans at practices at mock games
So we signed Lobendahn without having a physical??
This keeps getting worse.
Likely if he fails the physical he'll be out the door until he can pass it. To me that means there was another team interested in him so they sped it up. Nobody gets paid until July anyhow so outside a signing bonus it doesn't mean much just that he can attend team functions and be at camp.
Hope John learned that hiring from within instead of the best guy available isn't always the best thing to do. Ironic that Huff showed loyalty to Walkosky only for him to run at the first opportunity. So much for no loyalty being shown back.