Johnny Forzani's iHeat Gloves

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Liske, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Liske

Liske Member

Tags:
  2. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

With his playing career looking over this could be a nice ticket. I know his iHEAT products were available at uncle Johns FGL Sports outlets. With Canadian Tire buying the company and also being in business as a CFL sponsor may serve him even better. I am not sure how the team supplier work when it comes to gloves but gaining some team deals would also serve him well. There are a lot of companies out their but being a Canadian Company and a big Calgary name could kick it off.

3. Dionysis

Dionysis Member

Not sure how the "strobing LED lights" would go over on the field :)

Checked the web site but they do not have this newer model listed. Where can we see them?

4. Rids

Rids Member

LED lights could transform the game into something even more gladiator like!

5. Liske

Liske Member

The blurb says "stay tuned...." It probably hasn't been released yet.

6. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

The thing I noticed is that I don't see anything close to his original football specific gloves on his site.

I wonder if he's moved away from that design and just gone with gloves for the general public.

7. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Indeed you are correct that iHEAT WEAR is moving towards a full line for the general public.
    http://www.iheatwear.com/pages/heated-gloves

If you look on the site under Products and Uses it does cover all outdoor sports with the Pro Liner gloves and more specifically two styles of Hand warmer pouches. under Products there are specific Ski Mitts. Under uses there is a specific category for golf highlighting the Hand Warmer.

Brand Ambassador is PGA Tour Canada Golfer Riley Fleming
    http://www.iheatwear.com/pages/brand-ambassadors

With CIS teams now signing supplier deals, Dino's Nike, and the CFL League deals it is easier to land players in a sport like Golf who have individual multiple sponsors and suppliers. he demand was there for the general public.
    With Junior Football programs always in need of funding and equipment costs. I would think that the one team he may supply as a sponsor would be the Calgary Colts, Forzani's former team.

with The Calgary Foothills Soccer program among the biggest in Alberta. They are moving to the PDL college age division and then onto the pro level. Strikers Soccer Supplies in Calgary has been their outlet supply partner since '07. I believe iheatwear products are among their brands. So iHEATWEAR could have a team deal for the PDL and then the pro team for Goalie Gloves, Hnadwarmers etc.

#7 cflsteve, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  8. Dionysis

Dionysis Member

So we are approaching the half-way point of 2015 and I have yet to see these new gloves on their web site. Their current stock is on sale but it has been like this for quite some time, too long to be just "clearing out old stock".

I even emailed them to see when they might be releasing the new stuff but have not heard a word from them.

Anyone else heard anything about the "iHeat 2015 lineup"?

9. Dionysis

Dionysis Member

Just got a reply back from them - seems that since they are "seasonal", they won't be releasing the new line until the fall.

10. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

New article and a great update on iHeat and Johnny.

Sounds like all the back and forth to China is over and the all new iHeat products will be made in the USA. (and potentially Canada in the future)

iHeat was also on Dragon's Den and reportedly received one of the highest offers ever on the show.

There is even serious interest from the US military, so congrats to Johnny and what looks to be an extremely successful business.

Ex-Stampeder Johnny Forzani making name for himself in business
    From the gridiron catching passes to tossing some well-placed irons in the business world fires, Johnny Forzani is making an incredible transition.

He first followed in his father Tom’s footsteps and became a highly successful receiver with the Calgary Stampeders in the Canadian Football League five years ago, reaching his peak in 2011 with 45 catches for 761 yards and five touchdowns.

By the time a serious ankle injury derailed his professional football career in 2012, however, he was already following the sagely advice of his uncle John, who had built the Forzani Group into a conglomerate that ran Sport Chek stores, to launch a second career.
    http://calgaryherald.com/news/local...y-forzani-making-name-for-himself-in-business

11. Dionysis

Dionysis Member

Thanks for the info - it looks like it will be good times for Johnny! Relaunching in November or December with high quality products - almost makes me wish I was going to Winterpeg for the big game just so I could try out the gloves!

12. Dionysis

Dionysis Member

Just checked their website this morning and it is in the process of being updated with their 2015 lineup. Stay tuned!

Madman likes this.