Jon Cornish - Canadian and Offensive Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Oct 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Corndog takes 2 of 4 this week in what is sure to be another banner year for #9.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/cornish-double-dips-to-lead-week-15-players-of-the-week

A BIG congrats is in order for Cornish.

Tags:
    oilpatchhilbily likes this.
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

And what's more, Corndog is primed to be able to tell his detractors from last season to "put a sock in it"! (And that's the polite version...;))

Most will recall that when he eclipsed Normie Kwong's 56 year old record for Canadian running backs last season there was a great hue and cry (led, as I recall, by miffed Esks and 'riders supporters) amongst some fans who pointed out that Cornish had 18 games to do what Kwong took only 14 contests to achieve back in the day.

They brayed long and loudly about how Corndog's record was therefore "blemished" and should forevermore be marked by an asterisk...:rolleyes:

Well, folks, Cornish is now only 22 yards back of what Kwong ran for in 14 games in 1956, and my money would have been placed on a shattering of that record last weekend, had number 9 not been pulled with 14 minutes to go in the game.

But that is of no moment, anyway.

Although last weekend's game was Calgary's 14th of the season, because Cornish missed one game (the contest in Toronto in August) with an injury, Friday's game against the Lions will only be his 14th of the year. ;)

Methinks the "China Clipper'' is gonna get clipped.

Again.

And this time with no asterisk! ;)

Congratulations in advance, Jon!

TM

oilpatchhilbily likes this.
  3. Jayman

Jayman Member

Don't jinx him.....

4. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't believe in superstition and "old wives tales", Jayman.

But if Cornish is carted off the field during the first series without besting Kwong's record, I'm sure I'll hear about it somehow being my fault...;)

TM

5. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

I can not believe some jackass would diss Cornish in the Suns letters to the editor! This clown obviously is not a stamp fan so my guess and TM you will like this comes from a team east of Calgary!