Jon Cornish Injured

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Brutal news for an already stumbling offence.

Cornish has broken thumb, "out a while"
    Calgary Stampeders star Canadian running back Jon Cornish will "be out a while," after breaking his thumb during Calgary's overtime loss to the Ottawa Redblacks Friday night in the nation's capital.
    Head coach John Hufnagel made the announcement following the game.
    http://www.tsn.ca/cornish-has-broken-thumb-out-a-while-1.335913

Stamps' Cornish sidelined in loss to REDBLACKS
    On top of losing an overtime thriller to the Ottawa REDBLACKS on Friday night, the Calgary Stampeders also lost star running back Jon Cornish to injury.

Cornish left the game with what the Calgary Sun's Scott Mitchell reported was a thumb injury and did not return. The Stamps fell 29-26 to the REDBLACKS on a Delbert Alvarado field goal in overtime.

According to News Talk 770, the injury to Cornish could be serious:

"I think I got my hands caught in (Ottawa player's pads) ,,,I won't be back for a while." Jon Cornish.

— News Talk 770 Stamps (@Newstalkstamps) July 25, 2015
    The CFL's Most Outstanding Canadian three years running, Cornish entered the game as the league's second-leading rusher in 2015. He picked up 20 yards on seven carries in the game and also scored on the ground for Calgary.

National running back Matt Walter replaced Cornish but it wasn't enough for the Stampeders to avoid the loss in overtime. Cornish's status is currently up in the air, while the Stampeders are back in action on Saturday, Aug. 1. vs. Montreal.
    http://www.cfl.ca/article/report-cornish-exits-game-vs-ottawa-will-not-return

Tags:
  2. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

No rushing title this year for Cornish. Too bad for him and the Stamps. Unlike last year the injury woes have caught up to both him and the team.

3. K_O_cowtown

K_O_cowtown StampsFans' Luchador & Moderator
    Staff Member

Whole team just seems to be "off" this year. Be lucky to make playoffs let alone repeat Grey Cup win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bumpnrun likes this.
  4. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

The Stamps have made contact with Toston.

5. CoachB57

CoachB57 Member

FINALLY!