Kevin Glenn - Hall of Famer?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Bronko, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Just heard a discussion on TSN Radio in Wpg. with Gary Lawless and Dave Naylor. Centred around whether Glenn has the credentials to be a CFL Hall of Famer.
    His stats over the last 10 years are surprisingly good.
    If he gets the ring, I suspect he'll be feted in Calgary but still serve as Tate's reliable/sturdy backup for the 2013 adventure.

I do know one thing. If there was a Hall of Fame category for the shortest dropback passer in pro football (NFL, CFL, AFL) then its no contest - Kevin Glenn would be inducted TODAY!

As far as CFL HoF, lets see how the Cup game plays out. He's up against a formidable force in Ricky Ray, a very well-trained/vicious Toronto defense, etc.

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

His stats are good but against his peers (as the discussion must be held) I don't think he stacks up enough to enter the Hall of Fame.

3. Mathgod

Mathgod Member

He enters the discussion if he wins on Sunday.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Dunigan was asked the same thing today (on Wpg radio) and he noted Glenn was now #12 overall in career passing yards, played in 5 playoff games. He's nowhere near Calvillo or Ray but getting the duke over Ray this weekend will add a ton of impetus for an eventual nomination to the Hall.

Plus, he might still be able to squeeze 3 to 4 years out of his small but sturdy frame and conceivable he could easily work his way to 38,000 to 40,000 yds - settlng in somewhere between #5 and #7 overall. If he does that and has at least one GC ring, he's a shoo-in. If he wins this weekend and retires, he's doubtful.