Kevin Glenn to play Friday?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jul 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, Coach Huff is confident he will - nothing set in stone yet.

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

and

The Big Show on FAN960 has just said that Glenn won't play on Friday and said it'll be either BLM or Tate.

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Here's my take on the QB rotation:

All 3 will dress (sorry, Ryan Perrilloux, still not time to come off the 9 game IR 'cause I think someone-probably Edmonton-would claim him).

Tate starts.

But I bet he doesn't finish.

BLM will back-up, and (it says here), will get in the game when either Tate falters (or otherwise shows some rust from spending 3 weeks in sick bay), or, he'll play when the ferocious Bomber front 7 tries to (and maybe does) take Tate out. Either way, I expect to see Mitchell play some meaningful minutes in this contest.

Glenn, as did Tate for the past couple of weeks, will be there standing on the sidelines and available to go in only in the most dire of circumstances, meaning neither Tate nor Mitchell can play.

On that basis, I sure hope we don't see Glenn...:wideyed:

TM

5. Rids

Rids Member

I read somewhere today that it would be Bo Levi vs Justin Goltz as the starting QBs this week.

6. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

If you put any stock into the order the QBs are listed in the official Depth Chart - then yes, that is how it will be as both were listed at the top.

7. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I read that somewhere, too.

However, my hunch is based not so much on what's been written, or said, but on what hasn't.

I'm not sure Hufnagel is fully comfortable entrusting the start to BLM at this point in his young career.

That's why I think Tate starts, and goes for as long as he's either effective, or uninjured.

But in either case, I don't believe he'll go the distance.

Maybe not even the half.

We'll find out tomorrow. ;)

TM

8. Addicted

Addicted Member

I believe it is time to start seriously developing BLM, and he should be given the start If Tate is not 100%, have him dressed and waiting if necessary, but start BLM and see how it goes. He's playing Winnipeg against their second string so the pressure should be reduced. He looked great against Montreal, and hey, its early in the season....why risk Tate to further injury if he is not 100% right now. We need to be 100% confident at the end of the season as to which QB we will be protecting..............right now it looks like BLM to me. Tate seems to be made of glass.

9. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Agreed and Welcome to the site!

Tate or Glenn should not be starting if they are not 100% at this time of the year. This is still early in the season and next week is the bye - so you might as well give our 2 banged up QBs two full weeks of recovery.